My Mac Was Attacked

songseeds
Go to solution Solved by songseeds,

sorry to hear about the episode youre going through OP!

indeed, symantec's products have never been very efficient (i should even extend that to trust worthy...)

but on the other hand, security should be concern whatever your OS is. if you're still mindful about security, give a shot to Sophos Home (free) coupled with LittleSnitch 'firewall' + occasional scans from malwarebytes & bitdefender freewares + good overall digital hygiene, especially while browsing.

To follow up this topic, some ideas in no particular order because it might be a hardware bottleneck:

- Have a look at uninstallPKG from corecode to remove any leftover files from your norton's uninstall.

https://www.corecode.io/uninstallpkg

- How are the OS' processe behaving while you're experiencing the issues? (run Activity Monitor, or 'top' command within terminal)

- Is your PC hotter than usual? or does the fans reach max speed quicker than before? maybe some cleaning or thermal paste renewal is needed.

good luck troubleshooting

Just to balance the books regarding antivirus software, I have used Intego Virusbarrier on my music Mac Pro, my iMac and Macbook for a number of years and it's never caused a single problem. Some may feel its unnecessary on a Mac, but mine are all connected to the interweb and one day someone's gonna catch out those saying 'there are no Mac viruses' and take down half the planet's creative industries.

one day someone's gonna catch out those saying 'there are no Mac viruses' and take down half the planet's creative industries.

You still need to type in the password for a virus to install on a mac. You have to be that dumb.

On Windows executable files run on their own, no need to authorize.

one day someone's gonna catch out those saying 'there are no Mac viruses' and take down half the planet's creative industries.

You still need to type in the password for a virus to install on a mac. You have to be that dumb.

On Windows executable files run on their own, no need to authorize.

/lol