Finding K-2000 patches in LogicX

ieshea

WAY!  BIG sigh of relief, thanks!!!  I found the midi studio/setup window and took a screen shot of it.  I thought the software was blasted from a backlash re: turning the K-2000 off without turning everything else off first.  I vaguely recall back in the day there was an 'order' to turn gear off but I didn't remember after 20 years... until after, which is when I got all the phasing and reverb, as i thought I mentioned.  We also had a power outage before that and my APC backup didn't stay on for some reason.  But I didn't have the Quartet or K-2000 on at the time, though the midi was in the mix... somewhere.  These new devices have no on/off buttons.  How can i turn these OFF when I'm not using them?  I'm unplugging but that's a drag...  OK, now on to the next step.... thanks way so far, again.  !!!! Edited by ieshea

OK. So, I checked and the SC-88 was patched in as instructed above.  Computer switch is set to midi, not pc2 or pc1 or mac.  It's in midi input a.  Nothing in midi output.  There's nothing in the sc-88 display window.  As i recall there were patch names or something in there.  It's not playing when I play the keyboard/K-2000 so I don't have something right.  I tried invoking the red/record buttons but still no sound from sc-88 or anywhere playing the K-2000 keyboard.  

Do I need midi data in the track?  I tried that and I've got sound playing from the sc-88 with the 'all' channel assignment.  But since there's nothing in the front LED screen of the sc-88, I don't know what patch/sound it's playing or how to make it play the sound I want.  I one thru all the channels in Logic, and all channels play the same pan flute or bottle blow sound to varying volume levels and the low ones have some fx on.  Channel 1 doesn't play at all and channel 10 is drums.  ?  I'm messing with the assignments in the left of Logic under track pull down, but that's all I can see to test out.  

And the master slider in the audio midi setup won't slide.  it's grayed out or something and doesn't move.  I took a couple screen shots but I don't think you need them.  

But above, your mention of sc-88 setup was confusing to me.  You said 'try plugging cable into right side.  ?  Are you talking audio?  This is RSA out stereo r/l.  I'm hearing sound through both sides of the headphones.  :  What am I not understanding?  

OK, so I got the K-2000 set up and playing on the next track with the midi data copied to the track.  First it played a guitar sound, on channel 1, then it played a rock organ/B3 ~ yeah, I really miss Billy [Preston] ~ and went thru all the channels and the rock organ played on all 15, then when I went back to 1, it played the rock organ/B3 and not the guitar.  ?  I did not change anything in channels or on the K-2000 itself.  I'm just sitting here at the computer keyboard 10 feet away from it all.  I just got up and tried the K-2000 keyboard hands on, and there's that bitchin B3 screamin at me, so that's working!!!!!  Way!  Thank hot to record that/live data into the track!?1

But sounds are happening.  YAY!  THANKS!  

So, when the TS guy was on the phone or team viewer, he got an audio track patched through that recorded a track, but when I went to try it, I did ti somehow but there was a low level hum on everything.  So that needs help.  And he went so fast I don't remember what he did except create an audio track, click on the record buttons and i... what's it called... the i button... getting wiped out here again, been at this all day off and on.  But when I tried it, I couldn't get the patches that I wanted playing.  So there's help on that, getting patches/channels on the right tracks.  I had a test file up during that whole process, which is the same that got blasted when I turned off the K-2000 to play the song for my hubby and power down for the night.  Then the file was trashed right then, so that's what happened with that file.  I just tested some other files I did this year and they seem to be playing OK.  But the file that was trashed as noted above, is still playing with massive reverb and phasing and that recording hum recorded into the tracks.  So, that's where I'm at now.  Thank you!!!!!!!  

I really need to know if the Quartet and maybe midid device could have been or was damaged during that incident, turning off the K-2000.  ?  I've emailed sw about it and see what they say  Maybe that is not a concern these days as things are different.  What do you think?  

So that's where we all are now.  I think I'll power down for a while.  Lot of interruptions today, too, didn't help.  Extremely tired and need to rest my brain damage.  How is your 96K project going?  Would love to hear it.  Thanks so much again!!!!  You're the best, that's for sure, a true angel sent from on High.  Thank you, Sweet Jesus!  

I found this, too, but it's still not getting me to the next step, which is getting the right K-2000 instrument sounds/patches, patched into the right channels/tracks in Logic so my old songs play the right K-2000 instrument on the right channels.  Anybody?1?  https://9to5mac.com/2017/02/12/logic-pros-101-recording-basics-creating-tracks-editing/