Default and Preset Project Settings

Nogan

The standard settings that load in with every project are a fantastic starting place for most people to delve into Logic's creative environment. In fact, most logic users I know hardly ever even tamper with these settings to begin with.

I too generally don't touch many of the parameters most of the time. However, there are some of the settings that I always find my self going in and changing time and time again.

I don't think these parameters should change from their defaults, though, since they suit most people well.

I think that the user should be able to set and configure the default project settings from the main logic preferences window, and create different "default" presets.

Yes, yes, I know that you can work around this by creating a bunch of different project templates with your desired settings.

But that seems very inefficient. Each and every time you want to go to a specific custom empty project, you have to run through the visual template window as a middleman. This method avoids using key commands, and can get cluttered if you have many different preset configurations. Especially if you have either a very minute or very large amount of changed parameters.

Why is this a useful feature? For the people who are working on a large project or feature that require many different little songs or sound effects (many logic projects), it is helpful and efficient to stick to a predesigned workflow. Again, sure you can always set up templates in advance, but this requires the extra time of navigating the process of creating a project and organizing the template view. With a simple menu in preferences it could be very easy to just switch to a settings group and tweak a couple of parameters to be on your way.

And for the rest who generally stick to one kind of genre or creation process, it just means a simple one time operation that doesn't require you to use a specific template each time you want to create a new empty project.

• 4 years later...

I haven't seen any response to this, but I second that being able to save default new project setting defaults would be great. For example, I am always setting Chase MIDI and SMTPE 1 hr -> 0hr. I don't want to use templates, because I like creating new things from scratch (and using different styles). But I always do those two things (at least) on every project.