Next update 10.5 or will it jump to 11 and...

JamesK

I have a custom built Power Mac with all the bits n pieces that will poop over most other macs. To run 10.5 we need to have at least OS Catalina. My mac wont load up Catalina.

A power mac? They're about 20 years old - Do you mean a hackintosh? What kind of specs are you running?

If you're running a hackintosh i thought the advantage was that you could run whatever OS you want on a wider range of hardware? Or is Catalina not 'hacked' yet? If it is, you can use the same style of hacks (Dosdude etc.) to get a newer OS to run if it's official Apple hardware you're using, i've done it many times.

Skijumptoes - My BS alert went off too when I read that post; you however, have been able to put far more politely that I could’ve [deleted 3 potential replies - before deciding silence was in this case golden]. I note Jon-perrett has n’t bothered to tell us what his setup actually is.

I have a custom built Power Mac... .

A power mac?...

Most likely he just misspoke a little here, meaning Mac Pro cheesegrater, which would fit, and also be fitting to think that it should be able to run Mojave or Catalina and Logic, as there easily can be enough juice for that especially in a custom upgraded one. That said, I also had to retire my 2009 MP last year finally and now a recent laptop runs circles around it. It’s the way tech, soft & hard, works. I thought 10 years was absolutely amazing for a workhorse computer.

A couple of guys I know are still on Logic 9, and they have no intention of updating!

am happy for them. but what happens when their 10-year old macs bite the bullet?

personally, i don't care what DAW or computer/OS someone uses, i only care about the music i get to listen to. if the music moves me, the rest is just detail. meanwhile, at some point, the guys you know are gonna want, or need, new capablilities, or more power, or... whatever. and/or their macs will crash... and it will be time to dive into X.

A couple of guys I know are still on Logic 9, and they have no intention of updating!

am happy for them. but what happens when their 10-year old macs bite the bullet?

personally, i don't care what DAW or computer/OS someone uses, i only care about the music i get to listen to. if the music moves me, the rest is just detail. meanwhile, at some point, the guys you know are gonna want, or need, new capablilities, or more power, or... whatever. and/or their macs will crash... and it will be time to dive into X.

Yep fisherking, quite possibly!

Though not my main computer, I have Logic 10.3.2 on a Macbook Pro, 2009, still running completely fine!