"Can't get core function pointer"

AKMusic

* This happened yesterday and has NEVER happened before. I haven't had an update applied to my Mac Pro since it's maxed out at OSX El Capitan (v 10.11.6) on my Early 2009 Mac Pro.

So I work with music and while trying to load Vienna Symphonic Library's VEP5 (Vienna Ensemble Pro 5) network server (LAN network for my computers) I encountered this error message "Can't find core function pointer" while VEP5 was scanning the plugins.

It popped up as the plugins were scanning and it allowed me to click "OK" to continue but once VEP5 loaded and opened I noticed that more than 1/3rd of my plugins were missing!

Initially I thought it was a problem with the VSL software but upon checking a Google search on the phrase "can't find core function pointer", I saw people had the same error message with all kinds of applications NOT related to VSL or even music plugins necessarily.

I've gone ahead and uninstalled and re-installed the VSL and Logic software and the problem persists. So now, I'm about to reinstall OSX El Capitan (that's the latest OS my Early 2009 Mac Pro can take) but wanted to know if anyone in the community has encountered this issue?

Well... reinstalling the OS didn't fix anything either... my studio has ground to a halt with time-sensitive deadlines to meet. This is NOT good.

If anyone knows of the fix... PLEASE (!) HELP!! (BTW: Apple hasn't responded yet either)

• 4 years later...
  • David Nahmani changed the title to "Can't get core function pointer" (WTF!!!)
  • 6 months later...
59 minutes ago, pistol-pete-lopez said:

Got the same issue, M2 MAX Ventura, OZONE 11 .Pro tools crashes and Logic doesnt validate. can you elaborate on this fix?

Well, it wasn't my fix, but sounds like he's saying he had to validate the plugins with Rosetta turned off (even if the plugins in question are non-native Silicon), pretty much what @sunbrother mentioned here:

J.

9 hours ago, pistol-pete-lopez said:

Got the same issue, M2 MAX Ventura, OZONE 11 .Pro tools crashes and Logic doesnt validate. can you elaborate on this fix?

Yep. So, if you close Logic, then go to your applications folder and right click on Logic (Control + click, if you don't have right click enabled) and then go to "Get Info", there isna checkbox for running in Rosetta. Uncheck it. Save. Then open Logic again. 

If that doesn't work, try toggling it on again and reopening. Repeat a few times. Sometimes it takes a few tries. 

If you still have issues, please reply and I will try to figure out a fix for you. 

• Like 2

• David Nahmani changed the title to "Can't get core function pointer"