Space Designer issue

3ple

I'm working on a project and it's not the first time that Space Designer just changes the settings. At one point it changed the Impulse Response and I had to go back to another version and copy it.

I have never experienced this in the past with any project or any version of Logic.

Anyone experienced this? If so, what can be causing this and how to fix this?

AFAIK, it's been happening intermittently since Logic Pro 8. Most prominently when loading a project from a previous LP version or when using alternatives (either tracks, projects, etc).

I found that saving the project's used plugin preset(s) as dedicated user's one(s) prevents same. I took the habit to name those presets after the project's name and also include it in the assets when saving the project. Admittedly cumbersome but useful.

AFAIK, it's been happening intermittently since Logic Pro 8. Most prominently when loading a project from a previous LP version or when using alternatives (either tracks, projects, etc).

I found that saving the project's used plugin preset(s) as dedicated user's one(s) prevents same. I took the habit to name those presets after the project's name and also include it in the assets when saving the project. Admittedly cumbersome but useful.

Thanks for the tip on saving the presets. Will do that. Actually yesterday I did that, once I opened a previous version of the project, I saved the preset so I could have it there available if that would happen again and once I went back to the latest version, it was fixed. So yeah, your trick actually works for some reason. I just hope it doesn't happen again...

This is a new project and I never use alternatives at all, so I guess it's just a bug... ;)