I'm still on 10.2.2, what workflow features am I missing from the latest Logic version?

TheRdungeon

Hi All,

I've got a 2012 15" MBP that has been on Mavericks for a very long time now, hence Logic 10.2.2 is the highest I can get. It's relatively stable and everything works, but I noticed there's a few nice workflow features in 10.4, such as 'recently used' for selecting Audio Units, being able to preview any loops at project BPM etc. Is there anything else workflow related that would be really nice? (not so much interested in the new instruments etc.)

Items related to organising/previewing samples would be really ideal. I currently split my samples across Mixed in Key + AudioFinder and it's hard to remember where I've put what. I'm making electronic music too if that helps

Only thing is I'm going to miss the aesthetic of the older Logic and OSX version, I like the depth it has :(

Logic 10.2.2 is the highest I can get. It's relatively stable and everything works

I would say that's a significant factor. I can't say if you should upgrade or not but you should weigh up the benefits against the risks. FWIW I usually upgrade for the useful new features unless I hear of any problems. Though there were times that I remained on a stable version for years after upgrades came out.

Alan.