Latency - is it MIDI or Audio?

chrisbradshaw

Hi guys,

I'm new here but have latency head scratching issues going on!

Heres what's going on -

I'm recording my Korg Mono/Poly straight into Logic X 10.5 via the Saffire 6USB on a new project with no plugins running.

I have a tubbutec Modypoly installed and using Logic to trigger the MIDI (and also playing the MIDI in has the same latency effect)

I have 'pinged' my interface for latency and returns a +151 samples discrepancy so have offset the recording delay compensation by -151 samples.

The problem arises that I still have latency with recording the Mono/Poly even though the MIDI is recording fine.

Even more frustratingly, if I try to offset the 'All MIDI output' delay manually I get inconsistent results so can't nail a tight result.

I've attached a screen grab to illustrate the inconsistency of -13ms Midi delay.

Any advice on tips with this relatively simple workflow problem would be greatly appreciated!

395371805_Screenshot2020-06-08at18_00_44.thumb.png.0743e754c5f4250aecd3dfdfc2167758.png