Can we get some type of rewire for mainstage?

Morerecords

that would be nice.

Its actually possible without adding ReWire.

Requires:

Soundflower to bus audio

AMS to aggregate Soundflower I/O to your hardware I/O

AMS to setup the IAC (inter-application communication)

Now, if MainStage receives MIDI from Logic or another sequencer via IAC, then you can have the audio return using Soundflower. With Soundflower, you can have up to 16 channels of audio flowing.

Once you set this up, it should be more or less as easy to use as ReWire. You can even have Logic send beat-clock to MainStage for synching Ultrabeat and other tempo-based effects.

• 6 months later...

Requires:

Soundflower to bus audio

A bit old this post but,

has anyone tried using Soundflower in complicated setups with good results? I experimented with Soundflower (multi channel setup) Logic Pro and Numerology for a while but it was not really working. Too much trouble. Unexpected "no sound situations", to much work setting it up and clicks and whatever. I uninstalled Soundflower.

I've also got the feeling that when using the IAC driver for sending midi between applications there are timing issues. Has anyone else seen this?

Requires:

Soundflower to bus audio

A bit old this post but,

has anyone tried using Soundflower in complicated setups with good results? I experimented with Soundflower (multi channel setup) Logic Pro and Numerology for a while but it was not really working. Too much trouble. Unexpected "no sound situations", to much work setting it up and clicks and whatever. I uninstalled Soundflower.

I've also got the feeling that when using the IAC driver for sending midi between applications there are timing issues. Has anyone else seen this?

No timing issues here. (its not real MIDI so timing is much tighter than cabled MIDI)

Anyhow, I've found I'm not really using it much. The so-called studio effects/instruments are killer. And for other stuff, I've been using non Apple plug-ins like Kore2. (even though its a huge CPU hog)