Controller Automation Levels Resetting On Stop.

blinduncledallas
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

Hi,

This is my first post on here but I have been reading this forum for many year and it has been really helpful!

I am using a Solid State Logic Sigma Analog Summing Mixer and the Nucleus 2 Mixer/Control surface with Logic Pro X.

I am having a incredibly frustrating problem with Logic's automation. I thought there was a problem with the Nucleus 2 control surface but after months of back and forth with Solid State Logic's support, it's clear that it is Logic's Automation that is causing the problem I'm having.

Whenever I write automation in 'Latch' mode, Logic sees and writes the automation lanes for the various mixer channels just fine. The problem is then when I press 'stop', the fader levels on the mixer go back to a neutral position in the middle that doesn't match the actual settings of the channels or mixer. It also does this even in 'read' mode. If I change the channel faders for instance, they always go back to a position in the middle again.

Does anyone know how to make this work correctly with a similar controller setup?

I am using the latest Logic Version 10.5.1 on a Macbook Pro 16" 2019 with 2 x Universal Audio Apollo 16 audio interfaces.

Yes! Thank you so much! My Sigma automation track was set to 'Touch Trim' for some reason.

I have also figured out I need to leave a longer 'lead in' at the start of the project where I can set the automation levels to kick in and stabilise on the Nucleus and Sigma before the track starts. It's now working as I want it to.