Plugin Manager issues?

b15fliptop

Hi all, new to the forums, but been using Logic for 10 years or so. I have a couple of weird issues that have recently developed.

• Every time I start Logic now, it scans plugins. Not all of them, but like 150ish. Every. Single. Time. I tried deleting the .plist for plugins, but the problem persists.
  • Logic just randomly doesn't load plugins. I'll open a project and it will say "The plug-in named “plugin_name” isn’t available on your system," but it is. I can look in the plugin folder and it's sitting there. Yesterday when I opened the project it was found without issue.

I've been reading everything Google will show me on this subject, but no luck yet. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Which precise version of Logic are you using?

What are your system specs?

Have you updated latel your OSX, or other software?

Are you using Autopmap? Have you changed the location of some files or libraries?

Have you tried resetting/deleting your prefs?

Have you tried rebooting Logic under a new user account?

Have you tried a n SMC&NV/PRAM reset?

Edited by Atlas007

Which precise version of Logic are you using?

What are your system specs?

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2 GB

Have you updated latel your OSX, or other software?

Current OS version is 10.15.6, no other recent updates.

Are you using Autopmap? Have you changed the location of some files or libraries?

No to both.

Have you tried resetting/deleting your prefs?

Yes

Have you tried rebooting Logic under a new user account?

No

Have you tried a n SMC&NV/PRAM reset?

No

Problem started a while after Catalina. I Reset SMC and NVRAM, but that didn't fix it, so I created a new admin account and opened Logic. It scanned the AU's at startup, but after I closed it again it did not scan them on the next start. What should I try next?

Thanks very much, BTW, for your help!

Okay, any hints as to how I could resolve that?

Check the permissions on the au cache file (command-I to get info on the file), and make sure that you and the system have read and write permissions.

Sometimes you can fall foul of some weirdness in your user account which seems impossible to rectify - in these (albeit rare) situations, it's sometimes easier to create a new user account and migrate your stuff there, if it fixes the behaviour.

But only in this user account yes? It behaves as you expect in a different user account? Did that second user account have all the plugins (ie, were the plugins in the root library, rather than the user library?

Is your account an admin account? If you remove all third-party plugins from the components folder, and just say leave one in there, does Logic still scan every time on startup?

(And when we are talking "scan", we don't mean a "scan", which Logic always does and is normal - you mean that Logic is re-validating those plugins right? A process which takes several minutes..)

But only in this user account yes? Yes. It behaves as you expect in a different user account? Yes Did that second user account have all the plugins (ie, were the plugins in the root library, rather than the user library? Not sure about that. I’ll have to check when I get home.

Is your account an admin account? Yes If you remove all third-party plugins from the components folder, and just say leave one in there, does Logic still scan every time on startup? Will check in a bit.

(And when we are talking "scan", we don't mean a "scan", which Logic always does and is normal - you mean that Logic is re-validating those plugins right? A process which takes several minutes..)Yes, and not all of them, just a subset, for some reason. There are 245 ish plugins, and it scans 150 or so.

It's seeing those 150 as new since the last time (ie the previous contents of your cache file), but either it's not writing back the results of validating those 150 or so, so the next time Logic runs, it's seeing them as new again.

Are they all from the same developer (eg Waves) or are they a random bunch of stuff from different developers?