Change Key from E minor to F minor

Hi all!

I have a midi recording for piano. So I have all the notes in Logic Pro X.

The current key is in E minor (using only one sharp : F#).

I need to change it to Fminor (using 4 flats : B flat, E flat, D flat, A flat).

How can I do that in logic pro x?

I saw the transpose, but it seems to just move all notes by a semi-tone, whereas I need a proper key change.

I also saw that I could set the key to Fminor, and then presse quantize to scale. But I was not sure that would be the correct way to do this, musically. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Perhaps I am missing some musical theory but would be wrong to simply move pitch up by a semi tone?

This could also be done from within the Event list editor (selecting all note events and mouse scrolling up the pitch value of one of them)…

LogicPro 10.7.4, MainStage 3.6,
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6, MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.16.1,
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII, Several vintage gear
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc..., PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL),

Actually, I think that you will find that it does work generally. "E minor to F minor" is equivalent to "G to Ab major." (Minor scales are based on the 6th degree of the corresponding major scale.) This is just a rise of one semitone. Other single-note transpositions might require two semitones "if there is a black key in the way."

Mike Robinson - "I wanna quit being a computer consultant and become a composer and arranger at age fifty-nevermind."
Logic Pro X, MacBook Pro, 88-key MIDI controller.

Yes, I agree in this particular case it works. In the general case (changing e.g. from a Harmonic minor to a major key) it will not work.
In such case, I’d be interested to know about a plugin or another app that actually does that reliably while respecting the composer’s intended melody… considering that the 7th degree of a minor harmonic mode may not always be played in that context as in a rehearsed scale exercise…

LogicPro 10.7.4, MainStage 3.6,
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6, MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.16.1,
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII, Several vintage gear
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc..., PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL),