When did the OSX boot chime come back?

Today when I booted up I was quite surprised to hear the boot chime. The last time I heard that was on my G4. Usually I have my speakers right down at boot so no idea how long this has been back. When I searched, people either said about terminal commands to enable/disable it or that Apple brought it back with Big Sur but Im on Catalina.

2019 27" iMac 3.6GHz 8 core intel core i9 proc  |  40Gig RAM - 500GB SSD  |  Big Sur Logic Pro 10.7.2  |  Focusrite Scarlett 4i4  |  2 x T5 1TB SSDs, 1 T7 2TB SSD

I don't recall when it wasn't there...

LogicPro 10.7.4, MainStage 3.6,
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6, MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.16.1,
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII, Several vintage gear
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc..., PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL),

Well the stories differ a little but the general consensus (from places like Macworld) is that Apple did away with it in 2016.

Apple says :

"Depending on which Mac and macOS you're using, you *might* hear a startup sound shortly after pressing the power button to turn on your Mac. "

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211996

Still dont know exactly what I did for it to start sounding again.

2019 27" iMac 3.6GHz 8 core intel core i9 proc  |  40Gig RAM - 500GB SSD  |  Big Sur Logic Pro 10.7.2  |  Focusrite Scarlett 4i4  |  2 x T5 1TB SSDs, 1 T7 2TB SSD

• 2 months later...
That confident, now-quite-orchestral "chime" is part of the essential experience of using a Mac.

Mike Robinson - "I wanna quit being a computer consultant and become a composer and arranger at age fifty-nevermind."
Logic Pro X, MacBook Pro, 88-key MIDI controller.