MacOS Monterey Released

Anyone using iZotope plugins with Monterey? iZotope claims most of their plugins are working fine with the MacOS upgrade, but they are currently testing for any problems.

If you are using iZotope and considering an upgrade to Monterey you may want to read this information: https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409281658771-Compatibility-with-macOS-12-Monterey

Anyone using iZotope plugins with Monterey? iZotope claims most of their plugins are working fine with the MacOS upgrade, but they are currently testing for any problems.

If you are using iZotope and considering an upgrade to Monterey you may want to read this information: https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409281658771-Compatibility-with-macOS-12-Monterey

all my izotope plugins (& i have a lot of them) work, and have since the first monterey beta last year. fwiw, am on an intel mac...

I have the iZotope MPS 4.1 and everything’s working great for me so far. Tested in both native and Rosetta mode no issues so far.

all my izotope plugins (& i have a lot of them) work, and have since the first monterey beta last year. fwiw, am on an intel mac...

Thank you. I feel confident I can upgrade to Monterey.

• 1 month later...
After substantial research, I concluded that the DAW software, plug-ins, and hardware drivers we rely on now support Monterey. So I bit the bullet and upgrade our Studio B iMac to Monterey last night. The installation went very smooth. I then spent a few hours testing each DAW, plug-in and piece of hardware, again, everything went well…no issues at all. Today I upgraded our Studio A iMac to Monterey and everything went equally well. After more testing this afternoon we are finding that Monterey is more responsive and “snappier” than Big Sur. So far so good!

Hey Everyone!

So I upgraded to Monterey last week and everything seems to be flowing smoothly. I’ve been plagued the last few years, however, with crazy heat / fan noise coming off my 16 inch MBP when running Logic and nothing I’ve tried has eased my woes.

I therefore read with great interest that Monterey has solved the overheating issue on the 16 inch models when connected to an external display - and it seems legit. Just wondering if anyone has read, knows of, or has experienced any reduction in heat / fan noise from a 16 inch mbp NOT connected to an external display while using Logic after upgrading to Monterey?

To be honest, I’m not noticing much of a difference but I’m praying that Monterey might hold a glimmer of hope for my Logic heat issues.

Cheers,

Dave.

To be honest, I’m not noticing much of a difference but I’m praying that Monterey might hold a glimmer of hope for my Logic heat issues.

Do you mean on an Intel MBP? The heat is generated by the CPU and GPU, so while software optimisations can help, they can't cool the chips. These Intel chips just generate heat when used.

BTW There are no heating issues on the M1s... you can crank Logic, in clamshell mode, with an external display, and the fans stay off and the laptop barely gets warm to the touch...

I’ve had my M1 Max w/32gb and 4tb ssd & Monterey for a month and haven’t heard the fan yet! I’m running Logic with medium sized projects, lots of plugins, 3rd party stuff from NI, Arturia, IK MixBox and Melda - then at the same time running OBS with multi cams all @4k to capture what I do. The 2 efficiency cores are usually 90%+ while the other cores are low % as needed, which is normal for Monterey. I’m thrilled.

Do you mean on an Intel MBP? The heat is generated by the CPU and GPU, so while software optimisations can help, they can't cool the chips. These Intel chips just generate heat when used.

BTW There are no heating issues on the M1s... you can crank Logic, in clamshell mode, with an external display, and the fans stay off and the laptop barely gets warm to the touch...

Thanks for that. Yeah I understand that the new M1’s have solved the heat issues that have plagued 16 inch Intel MBP’s. However, having splurged massively on my 16 inch MBP only two years ago, I’m in no position financially to upgrade for at least another 2 years yet.

I was just curious, as Monterey has actually drastically reduced heat and fan issues on the 16 inch Intel MBP while connected to an external monitor. However, I do everything in the box and I need the portability. It seems that, somehow, the OS software update is actually affecting hardware performance, but I’m not noticing any real difference to be honest.