Stream Deck & Articulation Sets

CMMC

Hello all! My name is Chris, and I’d love to see some feedback on a rather specific and advanced question concerning Elgato’s Stream Deck device and Articulation sets. So I’m asking on behalf of a friend who assists a fairly well-known composer, and he was asked to setup a new Stream Deck XL (for Mac). Setting up macros and general key commands isn’t that hard, but what would be incredibly useful to them is the ability to use Stream Deck to toggle between user-set articulation sets. HOWEVER- here’s the caveat. We already considered the option of using Keyboard Maestro to toggle a click macro, but the minuscule delay in running that macro through StreamDeck will make the entire idea not worthwhile to his boss. Same goes for using Keyswitches to achieve it. He wants a specific ability to directly toggle Articulation Sets with Stream Deck, most likely through MIDI. We played around with MIDI On/Off switches on StreamDeck sent to our own custom Articulation Set, but to no avail. The trick is getting the Articulation Set to toggle in Kontakt while he’s playing in material live, and we are stuck. Does anyone have any thoughts or tutorials? If the answer exists out there, please link me to it, because I couldn’t find it! Thank you so much, guys and gals!

Chris

Apologies if I misunderstood your question AllTheButtons, I'm not sure if you mean if we want to change the whole articulation set or not. To hopefully help clarify, all we want to do is change between articulations within the same set via Streamdeck.

Ok I understand - you just want to change articulation with a stream deck button. (Your original post says you want to change *articulation set*).

I’m not sure why it’s causing you so much trouble… I just use the steam deck midi plugin to send whatever note/control is assigned to change the articulation, and it’s instant. How big a delay are you experiencing? Can you post screenshots to show the exact setup?

• David Nahmani changed the title to Stream Deck & Articulation Sets
  • 1 year later...