Midi latency after using side chain input in any plugin.

Kraft

Hi, 

I've recently updated from Catalina with Logic Pro 10.6.3 to Big Sur and Logic 10.7.4. 

Everything seems to be working fine so far except some annoying midi latency that I'm experiencing and would like to know if anyone has a workaround.

As soon as I use the side chain input on any plugin, logic native or third party, I can't play any midi instrument anymore without latency.

I've always been able to compose and mix as I go without any latency on buffer size 1024 and latency compensation on "All", using any side chain inputs without any problem so I'm wondering what might have happened during this update. 

The latency goes away as soon as I switch the side chain input back to internal. 

Cheers

Logic Pro 10.7.4 | Mac Pro 7,1 (2019); 3,3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W; 32 GB 2933 MHz DDR4; 1TB SSD; AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8GB | Big Sur 11.6.1

Unfortunately there's a long-time bug with external sidechain plug-in delay compensation that Apple has released iterative fixes for over the past few updates, and one of those fixes may be the reason you're getting that latency I'm afraid.

If you can create a small Logic project file that showcases this issue with Logic native plug-ins attach it here, one of us can have a look. 

My new Logic Pro Book is out!

I have the exact same issue. I just upgraded my computer and upgraded Logic to 10.7.4. I will record a short video to showcase the issue and post here.

Mac Studio | M1 Ultra | 128GB RAM | MacOS 12.4 (Monterey) | Logic Pro 10.7.4

Okay quick update. This might help other people experiencing the same problem. I took David's advice and made a new session using only stock Logic plugins and instruments. Logic compressor on a Logic synth side-chained to a Logic kick. There was no latency during recording or playback. I am going to continue investigating to find out which third party plugin/software is the culprit.

• Like 1

Mac Studio | M1 Ultra | 128GB RAM | MacOS 12.4 (Monterey) | Logic Pro 10.7.4

On 6/21/2022 at 12:31 PM, David Nahmani said:

Unfortunately there's a long-time bug with external sidechain plug-in delay compensation that Apple has released iterative fixes for over the past few updates, and one of those fixes may be the reason you're getting that latency I'm afraid.

If you can create a small Logic project file that showcases this issue with Logic native plug-ins attach it here, one of us can have a look. 

Thank you David.

It looks like some users are experiencing the same problem.

I tried to create a project to attach but it seems like everything works fine when there's only stock plugins.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:01 AM, Euphorial said:

Okay quick update. This might help other people experiencing the same problem. I took David's advice and made a new session using only stock Logic plugins and instruments. Logic compressor on a Logic synth side-chained to a Logic kick. There was no latency during recording or playback. I am going to continue investigating to find out which third party plugin/software is the culprit.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. 

New session with only stock plugins and there was no latency when using the side chain input.

Any other session gets latency as soon as I use the side chan input on any plugin (stock or not). 

I'll keep investigating but If you find any solution I would be very happy to know.

• Like 1

Logic Pro 10.7.4 | Mac Pro 7,1 (2019); 3,3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W; 32 GB 2933 MHz DDR4; 1TB SSD; AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8GB | Big Sur 11.6.1