GoPro rock song SSL mixing video

David Nahmani

• 9 months later...

Thanks David. After watching this, I came across this virtuoso. I find it jaw dropping.

I had that picture on my mind: Your final exam! You enter the studio, you do not know what to expect, and there you are, the unprocessed raw files from beat it.

Good Morning, go ahead, apply your mix, you have 1.5 hours time

15 minutes later...

Edited by Scriabin rocks
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Scriabin rocks said:

I came across this virtuoso. I find it jaw dropping.

Wow it's really fascinating. I love hearing the different parts soloed as well. Really makes you realize the amount of talent that went into making that song. The vocals are really stunning with their timing precision and pitch accuracy all while communicating so much energy and emotion.

And Eddie Van Halen's solo... just wow. 🤩

• Like 2

On 7/27/2022 at 4:12 PM, David Nahmani said:

I love this video: an engineer mixing a rock song on an SSL console in 8 minutes. It doesn't matter that you're not getting the exact EQ and compression or level settings for every single track, what you get is the workflow and the intention. Amazing. 

By the end of the video (~7m40s), I find cute to see the view zooming in and out as the mixer's head is bopping at the music rythm.🤘

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 2:12 AM, David Nahmani said:

Wow it's really fascinating. I love hearing the different parts soloed as well. Really makes you realize the amount of talent that went into making that song. The vocals are really stunning with their timing precision and pitch accuracy all while communicating so much energy and emotion.

And Eddie Van Halen's solo... just wow. 🤩

+1 on Eddie's solo

• 3 weeks later...