Trying to run Ultimate Guitar Tone Bridge Plug In

Dox

Does anyone here know what to do about this?

validating Audio Unit Tonebridge Guitar Effects by UGTB:

AU Validation Tool
    Version: 1.10.0 
    Copyright 2003-2019, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aufx' - 'f1tR' - 'UGTB'
Manufacturer String: UGTB
AudioUnit Name: Tonebridge Guitar Effects
Component Version: 1.6.0 (0x10600)

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:

Loaded AudioUnit out-of-process: true 
Time to open AudioUnit:         333.936 ms
WARM:

Loaded AudioUnit out-of-process: true 
Time to open AudioUnit:         200.787  ms
This AudioUnit is a version 3 implementation.
FIRST TIME:
Time for initialization:        16.227 ms

* * PASS
VERIFYING DEFAULT SCOPE FORMATS:
Input Scope Bus Configuration:
 Default Bus Count:1
    Default Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription:  2 ch,  44100 Hz, Float32, deinterleaved

Output Scope Bus Configuration:
 Default Bus Count:1
    Default Format: AudioStreamBasicDescription:  2 ch,  44100 Hz, Float32, deinterleaved

* * PASS
VERIFYING REQUIRED PROPERTIES:

* * PASS
VERIFYING RECOMMENDED PROPERTIES:
  VERIFYING PROPERTY: Latency
    PASS
  VERIFYING PROPERTY: Tail Time
    PASS
  VERIFYING PROPERTY: Bypass Effect
    PASS

* * PASS
VERIFYING OPTIONAL PROPERTIES:

* * PASS
VERIFYING SPECIAL PROPERTIES:

VERIFYING CUSTOM UI
Cocoa Views Available: 0
WARNING: CurrentPreset property is deprectated. AU should implement PresentPreset

VERIFYING CLASS INFO
    PASS

TESTING HOST CALLBACKS
    PASS

* * PASS
PUBLISHED PARAMETER INFO:

# # # 6 Global Scope Parameters:
ERROR: Parameter did not retain set value when Uinitialized

* * FAIL
AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.

validation result: failed validation

I don't have a clue in the details but maybe it could be a good idea to contact the plugin editor, UGTB, and ask them why their AU fails at the AU Validation tool because "Parameter did not retain set value when Uinitialized " in the "Global Scope Parameters:"

If it's a paid plugin you should have a reply from them.

Thanks FLH3. This is on their website:

On some Macs, there is a problem with running Tonebridge as an Audio Unit in Logic Pro X called the “exclamation mark” bug—when adding Tonebridge as an effect in Logic Pro X, it doesn’t load up and shows the red exclamation mark instead.

So, to make Tonebridge Audio Unit work in Logic Pro X, do the following:

1. Be sure you have both Logic Pro X and Tonebridge installed on your Mac.

2. Open Logic Pro X, then on the app menu on top open “Logic Pro X”, then “Preferences”, then “Plug-in Manager”. A big dark window should appear.

3. In Plug-in Manager, see the list on the left. Scroll it down and open the “UGTB” folder. You will see a list of one Audio Unit which is the Tonebridge Audio Unit.

4. Near the name of the Audio Unit, find a tick that says “AUv3” and turn it on, if it’s not turned on.

5. Click on the name of the Audio Unit. The whole row should become blue. Be sure that the tick near the AUv3 is turned on.

6. Find and press the “Reset & Rescan Selection” button. The Audio Unit should now be rescanned and fixed. That’s it!

(Note: all the previously applied Tonebridge Audio Units will be reset too, and you will need to apply them again.)

Please let us know if this worked for you or not. Cheers!

P. S. For advanced users, try to run this command in the Terminal app:

sudo kill -9 `ps ax|grep 'coreaudio[a-z]' | awk '{print $1}'`

This should restart Core Audio which is the main cause of the red exclamation mark bug.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The "reset and rescan" procedure is something I've already used a lot.

Like the "close and restart the session" when the plugin is in the component folder but doesn't show up in the LPX plugin manager.

Actualy when I replied to you I thought you've already done that.

Usualy, unless precise instructions from the manufacturer and if it's a plugin I've paid, I never go much far than the quit & restart the session, a reboot or worse a cold-reboot is a very bad sign for a plugin.

In my little brain if a plugin is such problematic to be installed it's not a very good & stable one so I bin it without great regrets.

Edited by FLH3

Well, elaborate on that, no, I can't, it's just what I think without any further reasons, actualy. I'm more Dopey than Doc. 🙂

If a plugin doens't match the requirements to be installed without complex manœuvres, like reboot or cold reboot, I've the tendency to think that its integration in the whole system could no be realy optimal.

It's not a technical or a scientific thought, just the vague feeling of someone who doesn't like spend too much time to fix mysterious things in a computer (If it was the case I would use PCs, maybe   🙂)

If the plugin manufacturer says explicitely that such procedure has to be done, it's OK, if I don't have such instructions I pass.

Edited by FLH3

Since Catalina and now Monterey it seems to become unusual. I think I haven't restarting my mac since 18 months in order to install a plugin. The more I do is diging in the security/privacy preferences to allow the opening or/and quit & re-open a session.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JakobP said:

IRC, it was High Sierra that "introduced" the need to restart the Mac after installing new plugins, is this no longer a thing ? (Still on Mojave here)

I've installed a fair amount on this Monterey M1 machine here and I don't think I've ever had to reboot for a newly installed plugin to show up. On my old Mojave machine, I probably had to do it maybe a quarter of the time (well, I don't reboot, I have an alias to kill the coreaudioregistrar component, which resets it, which is essentially the point of rebooting the first place).

So while it may not have gone away, it certainly hasn't been as noticeable for me on a recent  macOS system.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 10:30 AM, Dox said:

I did reset and rescan. But it didn't work.

Hey, Dox. I hope yours is fixed by now. Just wanted to let you know the troubleshot worked for my M1 MacBook Pro 13 today…

On 7/29/2022 at 9:35 AM, Dox said:

Thanks FLH3. This is on their website:

On some Macs, there is a problem with running Tonebridge as an Audio Unit in Logic Pro X called the “exclamation mark” bug—when adding Tonebridge as an effect in Logic Pro X, it doesn’t load up and shows the red exclamation mark instead.

So, to make Tonebridge Audio Unit work in Logic Pro X, do the following:

1. Be sure you have both Logic Pro X and Tonebridge installed on your Mac.

2. Open Logic Pro X, then on the app menu on top open “Logic Pro X”, then “Preferences”, then “Plug-in Manager”. A big dark window should appear.

3. In Plug-in Manager, see the list on the left. Scroll it down and open the “UGTB” folder. You will see a list of one Audio Unit which is the Tonebridge Audio Unit.

4. Near the name of the Audio Unit, find a tick that says “AUv3” and turn it on, if it’s not turned on.

5. Click on the name of the Audio Unit. The whole row should become blue. Be sure that the tick near the AUv3 is turned on.

6. Find and press the “Reset & Rescan Selection” button. The Audio Unit should now be rescanned and fixed. That’s it!

(Note: all the previously applied Tonebridge Audio Units will be reset too, and you will need to apply them again.)

Please let us know if this worked for you or not. Cheers!

P. S. For advanced users, try to run this command in the Terminal app:

sudo kill -9 `ps ax|grep 'coreaudio[a-z]' | awk '{print $1}'`

This should restart Core Audio which is the main cause of the red exclamation mark bug.

, Doc. Just FYI, mine is working now. I just followed