Custom thumbnails for personal templates and projects?

wing

This might be a reach but I've been curious, is it possible to create a custom thumbnail for my own templates?

To see what I mean, I've attached screengrabs when you go to start a new project from a template. If you look at the Apple project templates and demo projects, they each have their own unique thumbnail.

But when looking at my own templates, they all look the same (a blank canvas of the timeline). I think it would be cool if I could see templates at a glance with my own thumbnails, for example I could have an image of guitars for a more rock-driven template, synths for an electronic template etc.

Even if it's not a standard preference I'm hoping maybe there's some kind of background hack where I just need to copy a .jpg or .png! Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 7.42.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 7.39.58 PM.png

5 hours ago, des99 said:

Remember that if you later make edits and save changes to that template, Logic will overwrite the window image file, so you'll need to replace it again - so keep a copy of your icons/images for this elsewhere so you can re-apply them if necessary.

Noted, I went ahead and created just a separate folder with a photoshop template so I could keep everything consistent, and I'll keep this backed up separately as well.

Thanks everyone's help, this not only looks so much cooler to me but is also easier for me to quickly see at a glance what I'm looking for! Check it out the work in progress haha 🤪

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 1.46.16 PM.png

• Like 3

For those who are not so comfortable with computers just add the precision to right click to "Your TemplateName" in order to show package contents* where you will be able to find the .jpg

* My MacOs is in French so I'm not sure of the translation. Sorry if it's not accurate

• Like 1