Bringing Mainstage EXS24 sounds from my old computer to my new one

Joonas

Hi. I´d like to bring some pad sounds from my old MainStage (which had EXS24 sampler) to my new computer. The problem is that in my old Mac I cannot find any sampler instruments when I go Finder -  Audio Music Apps - Sampler instruments. That is just an empty box. How can I find them so that I could export them to my new computer? I´m looking for especially the EXS24 Softpad 1 sound.

That's not where the factory content is stored, which is likely in /Library/Application Support/Logic (or Mainstage).

If you want to search for them, when you do a search in Finder, you need to add in the search rule "System files are: Included", otherwise the search won't look in system locations or find anything there.

Have you tried browsing in one of these other locations:

Sampler instrument sare stored in the following folders

• ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments: User-defined or edited instruments are stored here.
  • ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Sampler Instruments/AutoSampled: Instruments created with the Auto Sampler utility plug-in are stored here.
  • /Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments: Factory-supplied sampler instruments are installed here.

Samples are stored in the following folders:

• ~Music/Audio Music Apps/Samples: User-defined or edited instruments are stored here.
  • ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Samples/AutoSampled: Instruments created with the Auto Sampler utility plug-in are stored here.
  • /Library/Application Support/Logic/Samples: Factory-supplied sampler instruments are installed here.

Edited by Atlas007
  • Like 1