Logic Pro X using with Native Instruments.

Ian Aitken-Smith

Currently using an old version of Logic Pro X. 10.2. I bought and installed N.I. software to use with N.I. keyboard, both purchased in 2020, N.I. software   does not work seamlessly with my version of Pro X. I am thinking the Pro X version may be too old?

The unreliability issues are making me think that N.I. is not fully compatible with Pro X no matter which version of Pro X is used, and wondering if I made a big mistake in buying N.I to use with Pro X?

Other DAWS I have read work better with N.I. However, I don't want have to change from Pro X, as It has taken my a good while to get to grips with it, being retired and a latecomer to this technology. I like the range of sounds that N.I. offer but a lot of issues that I have regrettably found combining it with music production using Pro X. Any comments?

Thx, Ian A.

3 hours ago, Ian Aitken-Smith said:

Any comments?

You're very vague about which exact software you are using and what the exact problem/s you are having, which makes it very difficult to help in any practical sense.

I have a lot of NI stuff, including a keyboard, and have used much of this stuff for years with Logic without problems.

If you actually describe specific problems you are having, then there's a possibility that those specific problems can be resolved.

Or if you are just asking "Does NI software just not work with Logic?" then the answer is no, NI stuff generally works just as well in Logic as in any other DAW.

Edited by des99

On 9/26/2022 at 2:27 PM, des99 said:

You're very vague about which exact software you are using and what the exact problem/s you are having, which makes it very difficult to help in any practical sense.

I have a lot of NI stuff, including a keyboard, and have used much of this stuff for years with Logic without problems.

If you actually describe specific problems you are having, then there's a possibility that those specific problems can be resolved.

Or if you are just asking "Does NI software just not work with Logic?" then the answer is no, NI stuff generally works just as well in Logic as in any other DAW.

Thanks Sir, for the quick response.

The version of Logic Pro X on my MacBook, came with the pre- owned laptop, as freebie software. I cannot be sure if it is legit, or not, and as it is not possible to know, that may be an issue. It has performed well for the last 4 years. That said, the ProX version dates back to 2015, which would make it quite ancient. So, this perhaps may arise in issues with the N.I. software. I have this version of Komplete Control is 2.6.7 (2021). There may be some incompatibility?

I will run through my set up again, and make better observations of what is happening, and if you're able to help further this will be much appreciated. Kind regards,

Ian

20 minutes ago, Ian Aitken-Smith said:

The version of Logic Pro X on my MacBook, came with the pre- owned laptop, as freebie software. I cannot be sure if it is legit, or not, and as it is not possible to know, that may be an issue.

No, leaving a copy on a second-hand machine is not legit - if you don't have a purchase in your Apple account, then you don't own a license to use it.

20 minutes ago, Ian Aitken-Smith said:

I have this version of Komplete Control is 2.6.7 (2021).

If it's Komplete Kontrol you are primarily having problems with, then it's probably not you, or your computer, it's that in my experience Komplete Kontrol on the Mac is imo not very good software, for many reasons I've probably talked about here before. It only loads Mac VSTs, and at least for the last time I used it a few minor versions ago, regularly crashed on quite a few third-party ones, and I only use AU plugins which it doesn't load anyway, so there are many things about it that don't work for my use cases.

If you are only using NI software, or compatible third-party plugins that support it, and are happy with the way it works generally, it should be stable enough, but you really should get legit software and keep it up to date, generally, for the best experience.

Edited by des99