overwrite the same track as the same file

logicistic

Hello people! I'm totally new here and let me introduce myself. i am sam and i am a dj and also quite new to logic. I hope to get help with my questions and possibly help others. nice to be here :) I currently have the following question : I have placed a track in logic; I made an adjustment to this such as adding drums and adjusting the volume. now i want to replace this track with the same track i put in logic. so that the new edited track will take the place of the old track incl. name etc it already has. I hope I have explained it well and hope to receive help with this. :)

• David Nahmani changed the title to overwrite the same track as the same file

Hi logicistic!

Welcome to Logic Pro Help forums!

I’m not sure to understand your actual situation…

Could you specify what you mean by tracks?

In Logic’s lingo, tracks are the horizontal stripes that runs from left to right and that are stacked on top of one another (highlighted in yellow in the picture below), regions are the squares that populate tracks (highlighted in blue in the picture below).

IMG_0094.thumb.jpeg.1e3c9c45c2048d2986fb1b35979aa096.jpeg

• Like 1

If by tracks you mean audio files such as songs, try the following:

11 hours ago, logicistic said:

what I actually want to do is load multiple tracks. change the gain and save the tracks all to the same location from my music libary (overwrite)

The easiest way to do that is using destructive editing (which actually alters the audio file directly on the hard drive). That's done in Logic's Audio File Editor. 

1. Drag a file to a track in a new Logic Pro project.
  2. Double-click the region to open the audio file in the editor at the bottom.
  3. Choose "File".
  4. Choose Functions > Change Gain. 

The gain change will be processed on the audio file itself, overwriting the original audio file (you don't even have to save anything in Logic). 

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 11.09.04 AM.png