Keyboard Maestro for Automatically bouncing Stems, Help please!

Raoulsplace

Hi, 
First of all, I really hope this is the right forum for this post and I hope even more I can get some assistance. It frustrated me that Exporting all Audio tracks is a bit of a hassle for me because it does not print the Output 1-2 FX. And also with Auxes it is a bit of a hassle to create Auxes first in the Main Window as Tracks in order for them to be printed. So I was thinking of soloing each indivual track and do a normal bounce. The downside of this is that if I have many tracks I have to bounce each track manually which is time consuming and it takes away my motivation to make music.

So I was thinking, there has to be an automated way to Bounce each individual track in Logic Pro X,.. after all some other Daw have the option to Bounce each individual track as an automated process (I read and heard).

I found a video on youtube where a guy uses Keyboard Maestro to bounce individual Tracks automatically. This video is 6 years old.
Anyway I bought Keyboard Maestro and downloaded the KM script the guy provided in the youtuve description. I opened the the downloaded script in KM but it does not work the way I want it to work. I hope you guys can help me out on what to do.

Here below is the KM script I downloaded and the YT video.

When I open Logic and KM and use the attached script I can type in how many 'Stems' I want to bounce. When I press 'Run' in KM it does not Bounce any track, in stead it creates Live Loop Cells. Can you guys who have KM please share with me step by step what I have to do in KM to set it up the right way?

For instance, I also don't know how to point to a Folder on my system where the bounces can be printed to.
I am on LPX 10.7.2.

I understand if this is not the right forum for this question, but I really hope it is. Many others are experiencing difiiculties when it comes to bouncing indiividual tracks, this is what I read on the internet.

Thanks!

YT link >   and the script I downloaded is 

Stem Output (Prompt).kmmacros

I'm not going to do your script for you, but you'll need to analyse what the script is doing, and check each step - likely your version of Logic is different, and has different interface elements, or is setup differently from what the script expects (depending on how well and portably it's been written), and you'll need to handle this.

(This is one reason I generally prefer to write my own scripts for my needs, than adapt someone elses', but it varies depending on the script of course.)

Take a high view of what the script is doing, then break it down into parts to verify, or change, each step so it's working correctly. This is a good way to get to know KM and the things you can do, so the effort in learning and understanding how it works is not wasted.

If the script is a mess to get through, then you may want to instead write your own - just break down the task you need to do, and start to implement and test each stage. You're mostly sending key presses, and mouse clicking on interface elements, or waiting for processes to complete, so there's nothing super complex going on generally speaking.

If you have a specific query as to how to do something, I'm happy to help you in that regard (as are I'm sure the handful of other Logic/KM users here)...

On 10/13/2022 at 7:15 PM, des99 said:

I'm not going to do your script for you, but you'll need to analyse what the script is doing, and check each step - likely your version of Logic is different, and has different interface elements, or is setup differently from what the script expects (depending on how well and portably it's been written), and you'll need to handle this.

(This is one reason I generally prefer to write my own scripts for my needs, than adapt someone elses', but it varies depending on the script of course.)

Take a high view of what the script is doing, then break it down into parts to verify, or change, each step so it's working correctly. This is a good way to get to know KM and the things you can do, so the effort in learning and understanding how it works is not wasted.

If the script is a mess to get through, then you may want to instead write your own - just break down the task you need to do, and start to implement and test each stage. You're mostly sending key presses, and mouse clicking on interface elements, or waiting for processes to complete, so there's nothing super complex going on generally speaking.

If you have a specific query as to how to do something, I'm happy to help you in that regard (as are I'm sure the handful of other Logic/KM users here)...

I'm glad you did not set KM up for me, I did it myself and the whole process of Bouncing each individual track goes fully automatic now. It is soo nice to Not sit behind my computer when bouncing this way.

• Like 1