Regions are being nudged and overlap after cutting

phermann
Go to solution Solved by phermann,

Hey guys, the title says it all:

I am trying to cut a region into two parts but somehow, instead of just being split in two, the second part gets nudged forward quite a bit and overlaps with the first one.

cutting-overlap.gif.a5642936a634e79e588ae4d934fe1a9e.gif

I have my project set to "No overlap" but this happens in "Crossfade" mode as well. Tried it with cissors and marquee tool and get the same result in both cases.

Does anybody have an idea why this is happening?

• phermann changed the title to Regions are being nudged and overlap after cutting
  • Solution

Hey guys and thanks to all of you who replied!
I figured this thing out - While I was recording I noticed that I hadn't changed my sample rate to 48 kHz so I switched it midway (which probably is a very bad idea to begin with...)
After following the instructions in this thread and converting the audio regions at 44,1 kHz to 48, cutting up regions works as expected.

If there are any drawbacks to this method or anything to be careful about quality wise, I appreciate any hints or feedback. As you can tell by my approach, I am still at the very start of my recording endeavours...

• Like 2