Chapter 4, Page 215 - Quantizing MIDI Regions - Step 2 -- Track headers stuck on "Track" - How to switch to Region?

Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

The first picture on the page shows "Region: Steinway Grand Piano" as the first word, but my track reads as "Track: Steinway Grand Piano". So, it does not provide the same option to quantize (as pictured)

I tried right-clicking the MIDI region > Automation > Move All Track Data to Region. But that does not change the track header.

The only thing I did differently than described in the instructions, was that I played around trying out different instruments. I went back to the same piano sound, and still, no luck. I also tried adding a new track, but that also reads as "Track" & not "Region". 

Please help! How can this issue be solved? 

Edited by tango_tango
clearer

• Solution
6 hours ago, tango_tango said:

The first picture on the page shows "Region: Steinway Grand Piano" as the first word, but my track reads as "Track: Steinway Grand Piano".

You should see the Region inspector at the top of the Track inspector. Make sure the Steinway Grand Piano MIDI region is selected? If it isn't, click it with the Pointer tool to select it.

Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 12.41.09 PM.png

If you still cannot see it, please do attach a screenshot of your entire Logic main window so that I can have a look. 

Wow, I knew it must have been a simple answer. I automatically assumed the region above belonged to the track above because it had the same instrument name: "Region: Studio Trombone 3". But, I just realized the MIDI region also has the Studio Trombone name, even though it sounds like a Piano. I tried the Quantize feature & it worked. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question!

Logic-Pro-track-to-region-issue-SOLVED.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tango_tango said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question!

You're welcome! Happy to hear you're sorted. 

The region inherits the name of the track you record it on, so I suppose you may have recorded that first green region on your screenshot on the Studio Trombone 3 and then moved it to the Piano track?