Christmas Song (no, really... it's good!)

grumblepig

Hey all - here's a song of mine from way back. The song predates Logic, though in a weird coincidence, it was written in Nevada City, next to Grass Valley where Emagic had its satellite office. A thousand years later, I met my wife in Nevada City. Her previous partner, it turns out, was one of the Emagic peeps. It's that kind of song for me - it keeps gathering life story as the years roll on. The fellow who originally commissioned this song for a compilation, just died a couple weeks ago, sadly. The video takes place in Cambridge, UK, just before I moved to Berlin. I'm now living back in California, 25 minutes away from where this song was written. Around and around. Huw Stephens played it on his BBC Wales show. My first wife is seen with me in the video. She's no doubt with her mum in Wales as I type this. Like I said, it's THAT kind of song. I wouldn't post such a non-Logic track (was this done on ADAT?), but as Christmas songs go, I've seen this song bring a fair bit of good vibe to many people, so I think it's worth overlooking whatever recording format it was captured with!. I hope you enjoy it in the spirit of this wintery (for many of us) season...