Markers show wrong end times when viewed as absolute position

emjayinla

Greetings 

I'm using LOGIC PRO X  10.7.4 under Big Sur on a 2018 mini with 64g

I've documented the problem in the attached video link.  In brief:

Sometimes when I create markers from regions and and  view position as time and length as absolute position, some of the marker's end time are wrong some are right. If I delete the marker and recreate it by entering the time codes for the start and finish, the end marker will not accept what I entered.  Weird, right?

I tried creating a new project and importing the current one - no luck.  I tried creating the marker and dragging the end point - no luck.  There are what seems randomly some markers that refuse to show the correct end position.

The reason this matters is I need the markers to be accurate for import to CueDB.  As a workaround I can enter the correct time codes in CueDb but that's work I shouldn't have to do.

Any suggestions on what to do about this?  Is it a bug? 

Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wd8kv07exzjdfl/Logic Marker Bug 1.mp4?dl=0  

9 minutes ago, Atlas007 said:

Wild guess; what if you unlock the related regions (to your marker) before attempting to correct its end position?

BTW, aren’t markers normally have no length per say? 

Thanks for the suggestion.  However the regions aren't locked.  Also, You're correct markers created with "created marker" or "create marker rounded" (or whatever it's called) default to a zero length but markers created from regions should show the length of the region -  which it does correctly as measures but not when viewing as time code.