Track List

user01

I do see the point and this and the playlist feature (which is way better than in Logic IMO) is something that they could actually improve. But I think they should look at Cubase for this, because Cubase really expanded on this idea, like you can dock tracks to the left or right, create different "screen sets" etc.

This feature is available in studio one click on the link

Track List The Arrange view Track list is opened by clicking on the Track List icon in the upper left corner of the Song page. The Track list gives an overview of all existing Tracks. Each Track has a drop-down arrow that, when clicked, displays related Tracks, Envelopes, and Layers.

link: https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/Arranging_Topics/Track_List.htm

SO60_arranging_track_list.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

Screensets already exist in Logic.

Yes but they all contain the same tracks, unless you start using region folders which are an old outdated concept (and can quickly become confusing). 

Imagine being able to have one screenset for your drums, another for your vocals, a third one for your strings etc. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

I concede that with projects encompassing large tracks count this would indeed be useful.

I know some professional orchestral composers who would absolutely love that feature to be able to quickly access their strings, horns, winds, percussions, special FX etc... at the push of a key. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/1/2023 at 9:54 PM, user01 said:

In Cubase Studio one and Pro tools, there is a Track List on the left and we can manage the channels from there. In logic, we want to see the track list on the left side of the inspector section.

Screen-Shot-2018-11-01-at-6.webp

That's why I use Studio One mostly these days. Here is my request including mockups I did nearly 10 years ago!!! and even older!

6 hours ago, sambosun said:

That's why I use Studio One mostly these days. Here is my request including mockups I did nearly 10 years ago!!! and even older!

i know but 3 apples fell from the sky 1 logic 2 cubase 3 pro tools, 

😉