My latest track "2NITE"

linusminus

Pretty well crafted! No down time. Totally engaging rave style.

Not my cup of tea, but it sounded quite well on my iPad. 

To break with the highpitch which last the entire song, how about having a segment (somewhere in the middle) at normal pitch in order to create a contrast and somehow add a surprise?

Haha, thanks! Yes, it's not definitely not everyone's cup of tea. The pitched vocals are kind of a "thing" in this music so I wouldn't want to change that, but I'll definitely look into other ways to add contrast. I recorded the vocals at a slower tempo, 2 semitones down, and pitched them up using the sampler to arrive at the tempo of the track to get that "vinyl" sound with non-destructive pitch shifting.

• Like 1

Sounds to me like you have a good mastery of the genre. I feel like the vocals need more umph. I don't mind the pitched-up effect but frequency-wise they're a bit thin? Or maybe they just need to be louder... I just feel like they could somehow be stronger, as in more in front of the mix in general if you see what I mean. 

I enjoy the work on the synths and the arrangement, the transitions, the rhythm, the energy of the whole piece, great job. 😄  

59 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Sounds to me like you have a good mastery of the genre. I feel like the vocals need more umph. I don't mind the pitched-up effect but frequency-wise they're a bit thin? Or maybe they just need to be louder... I just feel like they could somehow be stronger, as in more in front of the mix in general if you see what I mean. 

I enjoy the work on the synths and the arrangement, the transitions, the rhythm, the energy of the whole piece, great job. 😄  

Thank you! Yes, I understand. Vocal level is always hard to get right... In the end it turned out good enough at least 😆 Been making this kind of music since day 1 (2007 or so) so I think I have a good grasp of how it's supposed to sound by now!

• Like 1