Surround Balancer Metering

Big Island

Hi folks.

Here is a Atmos related question:

If I want to route the content of a Surround Balancer bus to another Surround Balancer bus rather than to the master Atmos bus (in this case for offloading the Atmos bus from processing) the levels of the first Surround Balancer bus disappears on that track. There is no sonic change, its just a visual thing. Any idea why this is the case?

Thanks

Jacob

I want to relieve the atmos master bus of cpu load so bus 2 in this particular case is my master bus and if all other buses going into this bus are not showing levels it makes it cumbersome to get a grip of what is going on. Also, this setup also allows for several master buses which is a potential workaround for the fact that the internal atmos engine in logic only allows for one bed....

Here is another screenshot to clarify.739557820_Skarmavbild2023-01-18kl_15_43_45.thumb.png.2e8eb97c161609084d9372635caa3dda.png

Just now, David Nahmani said:

But you're still going through the Master anyway? The routing I see is Inst 1 to Aux 1 to Aux 2 to Master. 

Yes of course I'm going thru the masterbus eventually. But throwing master treatment prior to the atmos plug on the masterbus is taxing cpu wise. It seems like I get more juice if I spread that kind treatment on different buses prior to hitting the final masterbus. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Ok got it.

So I tried your routing and get the same results as you do (audio routing works as expected but no signal is shown on the level meter), so it does look like a bug I'm afraid. 😞

Ok, thanks for taking the time. Will report this bug to the higher powers...

• Like 1