Logic 10.7.7 Released

des99
Message added by David Nahmani,

For the previous topic on the Logic Pro 10.7.6 release, see:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! 

I wasn't aware that Logic Pro had to be updated manually. 

I am currently on version 10.6.1.

Is there a guide to update the software? Or is it as simple as clicking one button and it updates to the latest version? Because I've read across this thread that some guys did backups of their older versions in case something went wrong. I would like to upgrade but I don't want to lose any of my prior work.

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, MartinIR said:

I wasn't aware that Logic Pro had to be updated manually. 

It's down to how you set your AppStore update settings - you can set it to automatic, or manual. (I recommend manual).

32 minutes ago, MartinIR said:

Or is it as simple as clicking one button and it updates to the latest version?

Yes, it updates just the same as any AppStore app on the Mac or iOS. You just hit an update button, that's it.

32 minutes ago, MartinIR said:

Because I've read across this thread that some guys did backups of their older versions in case something went wrong. I would like to upgrade but I don't want to lose any of my prior work.

Make a copy of your Logic Pro app, and rename it to, eg, "Logic Pro 10.6.3". Then update. You can run either the old version, or the new version, by running the appropriate app. You won't lose any work.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your answer des99.

Just to be sure what I should do is this:

1. Go to the Applications folder.

2 Create a copy of my Logic Pro.app file and rename it "Logic Pro 10.6.3" (see attachment "applications").

3 Go to the App Store and click Update button in Logic Pro (see attachment "app_store").

These steps will create two .app files for Logic: one called "Logic Pro 10.6.3" (the previous version) and a second one called "Logic Pro" (the new updated version from the App Store), and I can use any of them.

Is this correct?

Regards,

Martin.

applications.png

app_store.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, The Owlett said:

Yes, I meant to also ask about the OS. I presume there are no other issues with the OS upgrade for my MB Pro?

I don't think anyone can guess what state your system is, what software you are running in what versions, and what may or may not be incompatible - that's all for you to investigate and check beforehand. In any case, as with all potentially serious system changes - make sure you backup your system, or run a test installation, in a way that should something unexpected and calamitous happen, you can easily revert without problem back to your working system. If you don't do this, then you have no "undo" button, should you need it.

You'll likely be fine if your software is relatively modern, but too many people blindly update without thinking about it or assessing the state of their system, and then post asking how they can undo their OS upgrade and go back...