MacBook Pro ver. 10.14.6 (18G9323) Mojave. / Logic Pro X Ver. 10.5.1

SargamStudio

Dear music family. I have a MacBook Pro ver. 10.14.6 (18G9323) Mojave. I am using Logic Pro X Ver. 10.5.1
Question: Is there a higher version of Logic Pro X Available compatible with my OS?
Is there any value for me to software upgrade to Catalina? Any downside? People scare me to do this software upgrade. (IDK)
Secondly, what is the latest version of Logic Pro and what kind of MacBook do I need?

1 hour ago, SargamStudio said:

Question: Is there a higher version of Logic Pro X Available compatible with my OS?

This link will reveal a comprehensive spreadsheet in that regard.

Is there any value for me to software upgrade to Catalina? Any downside? People scare me to do this software upgrade. (IDK)

According to the release notes there have been a lot of bug fixes…

Secondly, what is the latest version of Logic Pro and what kind of MacBook do I need?

The current version is LPX v.10.7.7. 

Please refer to the speadsheet link above for the required macOS requirement or to the published system requirement and to the related release note for details regarding the new features.

Be aware that old plugins may no longer be compatible with the latest version (of Logic, macOS or new Mac M1/2 chip).

Backing up your current version of Logic is highly recommended.

HTH

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SargamStudio said:

Is there any value for me to software upgrade to Catalina?

Is there any new feature in Logic that you desperately need to keep making music and you don't have with your current version?

If the answer is no, then don't upgrade. If everything works now for you, enjoy that. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 3:22 AM, David Nahmani said:

If you are considering upgrading your MacBook then I strongly recommend going Apple Silicon, so at least an M1 processor if buying used. Otherwise just about any M2 machine will do. See: 

Thank you will look into it deeper, and what latest version of logic will I be able to load, please?

On 3/2/2023 at 7:35 AM, triplets said:

Is there any new feature in Logic that you desperately need to keep making music and you don't have with your current version?

If the answer is no, then don't upgrade. If everything works now for you, enjoy that. 

That makes sense. I just dont know what I am missing.

On 3/2/2023 at 1:35 AM, triplets said:

Just doing research to find out what new features are out there. 🙂

On 3/1/2023 at 3:55 PM, SargamStudio said:

Dear music family. I have a MacBook Pro ver. 10.14.6 (18G9323) Mojave. I am using Logic Pro X Ver. 10.5.1

I've used Mojave for years also, I really like it simply for the fact that 32bit Legacy plugins will still work under Logic 10.4.4: The jump over to Apple Silicon is not a small one, it takes a great deal of time and energy to make the switch.

Night and day comparison actually in terms of performance, depending on your musical needs of course?

No regret making the transition, it's performance is staggering compared to the 2018 Mac mini I use and does the double duty of making thunderbolt interfaces I own soar to new heights never before possible.

Edited by onewave

On 3/9/2023 at 12:32 PM, onewave said:

I've used Mojave for years also, I really like it simply for the fact that 32bit Legacy plugins will still work under Logic 10.4.4: The jump over to Apple Silicon is not a small one, it takes a great deal of time and energy to make the switch.

Night and day comparison actually in terms of performance, depending on your musical needs of course?

No regret making the transition, it's performance is staggering compared to the 2018 Mac mini I use and does the double duty of making thunderbolt interfaces I own soar to new heights never before possible.

Thanks, your opinion certainly helps. 🙂

• Like 1