Mixer not updating/showing plug-ins bug (10.7.7)

Logic Pro 10.7.7 on occasion doesn't update the mixer channel strips. This happens right after copying and pasting channel strip settings, but not always.

I've taken a screenshot of the problem:

Notice the plug-ins on the selected channel strip in the Inspector to the left and the same channel strip in the mixer (highlighted). Refreshing the window or going back and forth doesn't update the strip.

The sound is right, though, so it's a question of graphics, and not being able to select the plug-ins in the mixer window.

I have to save and reload the entire project for the mixer to update the plug-ins again, so it's not just a transient graphical glitch.

I've never experienced this bug in Logic Pro 10.5.5 or earlier.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 10.01.09.png

Edited by lagerfeldt

Thanks, but once you (save and) reload, that particular problem goes away. So I took the screenshot before reloading the project.

I think the best way to replicate the bug is to have a large project where you copy+paste a handful of 3rd party plug-ins on a channel strip basis and then open the mixer to see if the bug happens.

I have a hunch it's related to the amount of plug-ins/RAM or type of plug-ins in the project, so it could be difficult to replicate without at least trying to push the project.

On the two particular channel strips that appeared empty in the mixer window (but actually have plug-ins on them) I used:

FabFilter Pro-Q 3
Tone Projects Kelvin
oeksound soothe2
FabFilter Saturn
Polyverse Wider
FabFilter Pro-L 2

I simply copy+pasted the channel strip settings from another channel on to these two channels and they were shown as empty in the mixer window.

I'l try if I can replicate this issue in a fresh project.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...