Capture all MIDI systemwide?

Hi there,

AudioCR (makers of MIDI FXFreeze, very useful MIDI plugin) used to have an App called "Capture" that would sit in the menu bar and could just record MIDI all day. Unfortunately, they don't seem to offer that any more.

Is there another app that can just record all incoming MIDI that I can just have running and it saves all of it?

It needs to be outside of Logic. I'm Live Looping Logic and then improvise to that and I don't want to have to think about anything. I would drag in the MIDI later and find the spots that I liked...

On 3/2/2023 at 11:59 AM, wonshu said:

Is there another app that can just record all incoming MIDI that I can just have running and it saves all of it?

It needs to be outside of Logic. I'm Live Looping Logic and then improvise to that and I don't want to have to think about anything. I would drag in the MIDI later and find the spots that I liked...

Cool Idea! How about GigPerformer? Looks like it might fit your needs?

https://gigperformer.com/the-recorder/

5 minutes ago, wonshu said:

Yes, that looks like a solution, thank you!

But it is kind of pricey... I need it only every now end then...

You could buy Gigperformer on the Plugin Alliance website, you save about a third of the cost.

The issue there is that they don't update nearly as fast as the gig performer website does, but they do come.

Edited by onewave