Strange new bug?

ncalonne

I've got this new error happening, and it's been happening consistently across projects. Basically, in my normal template I have screenset 2 assigned to a full screen piano roll. Normally when I have an instrument selected, then I hit 2, I'm taken to the full screen piano roll for that instrument. Basic enough.

Now- let's say I have one track with whatever sound - it doesn't matter what. Next, I drag a sample to the lower left and do "Drum Machine Designer." In this case, dragging in a kick sample to start a new DMD instrument. NOW- whenever I go to screenset 2, it just snaps back to the DMD that was just created. Because of this, I am unable to use screenset 2 in the way I normally do, to get a zoomed in piano roll for whatever instrument I'm working on. 

I can't figure this one out, and was wondering if anyone had similar issues or could replicate?

I will try to make a screen capture video if this is unclear.

thank you

*edit*

i was able to open the "in window" piano roll (just the- non floating window, built-into the arrange window one) for the DMD, then disable link. after this, it started to work as expected, even after re-enabling link. irritating, but hopefully a consistent workaround

*another edit*

it appears to work as expected once there is a pattern programmed into the DMD. before adding any midi info, but after adding samples to the DMD, it will do the weird snapping thing I was describing earlier. once a pattern is programmed in, it seems fine... though I will add the reason I found this out is because they still haven't fixed that bug where hitting undo after recording onto a stack/drummer track completely wrecks the session and I had to redo everything 😞

Edited by ncalonne
found a potential fix/cause

2 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

Speaking of link, does each window or pane has their respective/independent link button/status?

They do, yes. I keep link engaged generally, and turn it off when necessary. Weird thing was, while the "snapping to DMD" issue was happening (before putting a midi sequence in), the link button was totally unresponsive from the screenset, it would just stay illuminated. It DID work however, when I pressed it from the arrange window piano roll. In retrospect though, I may have had a MIDI region in there by that point and just not realized that was the issue yet. 

14 hours ago, ncalonne said:

Now- let's say I have one track with whatever sound - it doesn't matter what. Next, I drag a sample to the lower left and do "Drum Machine Designer." In this case, dragging in a kick sample to start a new DMD instrument. NOW- whenever I go to screenset 2, it just snaps back to the DMD that was just created.

I tried to reproduce this but all seems to behave normally ? Some screenshots or a video clip could help understand what's happening ?