Upgrading to Ventura

Univac

Hello everyone, now that Ventura has been out for five months I wanted to check in with everybody and see if they're having any major issues or any cautions about upgrading. I have one brand new Mac that's already running Ventura but I'm not really using it for music production. The other two Macs I have I purchased last year and both came with Monterey. I really appreciate your input and opinion, thanks everyone! 

Edited by Univac
  • Like 1

Since you have both (Monterey and Ventura) on different computers, you’re in a good position to test Logic with the confidence that you have a fallback plan if things don’t turn out as desired… If you are not happy how Logic runs on your new Mac, just uninstall it and keep using same on the others (Monterey) computers.

Besides, it is almost certain that you will encounter hiccups, regardless of the system configurations…

Edited by Atlas007
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Atlas007 said:

Since you have both (Monterey and Ventura) on different computers, you’re in a good position to test Logic with the confidence that you have a fallback plan if things don’t turn out as desired… If you are not happy how Logic runs on your new Mac, just uninstall it and keep using same on the others (Monterey) computers.

Besides, it is almost certain that you will encounter hiccups, regardless of the system configurations…

I was hoping to avoid installing a couple of hundred plug-ins on my MacBook Air.

• Wow! 1

What's the Ventura version number on the About This Mac screen up to now?

I know enough about software development to know that, no matter how carefully you test the software "in house" before release (and Apple is ferocious about doing that), there are going to be some issues – occasionally, serious ones – that only turn up "in the field."  This usually results in a quick post-release flurry of updates that then begins to settle down.  And, I'd like to know from Ventura users if that "settling down" is beginning to happen yet.  Also if there have been issues in-particular for Logic and Final Cut Pro because these are two "mission critical apps" for me.

I'm sure it won't be like it was way back in the mainframe days, when the IBM Rep called me up frantically, telling me not to install the latest "APAR" update tape because it would "brick" my mainframe. (Render it unbootable.)  I calmly told him that I usually used them for scratch tapes.

Edited by MikeRobinson

3 minutes ago, MikeRobinson said:

I know enough about software development to know that, no matter how carefully you test the software "in house" before release (and Apple is ferocious about doing that), there are going to be some issues – occasionally, serious ones – that only turn up "in the field."  This usually results in a quick post-release flurry of updates that then begins to settle down.  And, I'd like to know from Ventura users if that "settling down" is beginning to happen yet.  Also if there have been issues in-particular for Logic and Final Cut Pro because these are two "mission critical apps" for me.

3 minutes ago, MikeRobinson said:

On this Mac 13.3.1, I'm not sure if that matches on the other machine but I assume it does. 

I'm really looking for Major issues or issues that are minor but many users are experiencing. So far the thread has not blown up so my guess there's a good size user base on Ventura. I usually wait about 6 months before I upgrade. I had one hold out plugin from Neural DSP that they finally upgraded to Apple silicon so I think I'm ready to go ahead and upgrade. I just wanted to check with folks here and see if there is anything major that I was missing. I am not the type that sits on forums and makes a bunch of posts and what not, I just don't have that kind of time. If I did I would be single lol. Happy Wife Happy Life!