Focusrite Legacy (free) Scarlett suite -anyone got it working in Logic?

RhythmTrax

Having learnt about Focusrite now giving away both their Scarlett and Midnight plugin-suites for free I downloaded and installed them, and while the two "Midnight" plugins both work I can't find the "Scarlett" ones anywhere among the plugins when in Logic (10.5.1 in MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave).

Screenshot2023-04-13at23_06_32.png.6bf550a4bdab6c6062d275264db72580.png

If I go to the plugin manager I can see them all, and they're validated as well, but why don't the Scarlett ones show up within "Focusrite" when I try to use them in a track?
Screenshot2023-04-13at23_00_16.png.fe403bc64ff43ee649714cbe31178eff.png

So I had a look in the actual Plugin folder (/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/) where I located the following files related to the above:
Scarlett Plug-in Suite.component
Midnight Compressor.component
Midnight EQ.component

It appears the Scarlett plugin combines all of its four plugins into one (unlike the Midnight ones). Is this what's causing the problem in Logic, or have I missed something here?

They're pretty old, and not that great imo - the Logic included stuff is better and I probably wouldn't bother with them tbh.

Plugins not showing up in menus is either a Logic bug, or a combination thing between Logic and some third-party plugins. You can try adding those plugins to a custom category in the plugin manager and seeing if you can open them that way. Also make sure you're on a valid audio track type - eg, if they only support a stereo input, and you're on a mono track, they won't show up as they might not support that config (I don't know, just giving an example to check.)

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried them but to no avail 😕

The interesting thing is that on my other Mac (running MacOS 10.13.6/Logic Pro X 10.4.8) the "Scarlett" plugins show up just fine! On the 10.14 Mojave Mac I even tried Logic from another user login, so it seems like those particular plugins don't work in MacOS 10.14 Mojave while they do in 10.13 High Sierra.

But if someone has different experiences and indeed gets them working under 10.14 Mojave or higher I'd be interested to hear about it!

• 6 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 4:10 PM, RhythmTrax said:

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried them but to no avail 😕

The interesting thing is that on my other Mac (running MacOS 10.13.6/Logic Pro X 10.4.8) the "Scarlett" plugins show up just fine! On the 10.14 Mojave Mac I even tried Logic from another user login, so it seems like those particular plugins don't work in MacOS 10.14 Mojave while they do in 10.13 High Sierra.

But if someone has different experiences and indeed gets them working under 10.14 Mojave or higher I'd be interested to hear about it!

Hello. I had the same issue. I got them working by using Bluecats PatchWork.