Swap audio region with another audio file.

Zodiac

Hello,

I'm sure I've seen and I've done this myself in the past but I really don't remember how. I have let's say 10 audio regions of a kick drum. I want to swap now this sample with another one but keeping the fades and length of region. I remember something like selecting all regions to be swapped and dragging the new file on let's say the first one why holding something like control, option etc. Tried everything without success...

No unfortunately there's no such feature in Logic Pro. You would have to use trickery to fool Logic into thinking that the audio file used by these regions has disappeared. Basically just delete the audio file (after of course backing it up somewhere else to make sure you don't lose it forever). 

Next time you open the project, an alert pops-up that tells you the audio file is missing, and Logic gives you a chance to locate the audio file, at which point you can point it to the new audio file you want to use instead of the original.