Speculation: next major features in logic

jmob

a small thing, but... my midi regions default to green, audio to blue; am fine with that.

but everytime i bounce-in-place a midi region, the bounce shows green... i'd like it to be blue, as it is now an audio file (and i change it to blue every time). would like that to either happen automatically, or at least, have the option to do that (have audio bounces default to blue...)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2023 at 5:03 PM, ravez said:

what's the problem you are facing with mapping controllers to VIs?

works great for me and super easy to set up too, unless i am misunderstanding the issue

I have a Virus C hardware synth which has a ton of knobs. I want to use it as a controller for whatever VI I'm using. So if I open Zebra, the ADSR on the Virus C are already mapped to the ADSR on the Zebra, etc. 

I've tried to map it but it just turns into a mess in the controller page. What I think would work is if I could add more parameters to the quick knobs (or whatever they're called) than just the ones available. 

It's easy to map a few parameters for one synth. Maybe it's me, but I can't figure out how to map 20 parameters for each 30 synths and have them be ready to go in my template. 

Edited by guavadude

in that case you can open a software instrument track with Zebra on it, open the controller assignments panel under Logic Pro/Control Surfaces menu, click on expert view,  in the "Zone" section click the + and name it Zebra so you keep it organized, then click on the bottom right button "Learn mode", click on the parameter in Zebra that you want to control and move it with the mouse to cover all its range, then move the desired knob/fader on your controller making sure it is covering all range again (you should see it moving now on your Zebra parameter), then select the second parameter and keep going until you have mapped everything you want, and when you are done you can exit learn mode by clicking again on it. 

You should see a list of all learned parameters in the controller assignments panel and on the right "Class" should be "Channel strip" and "Channel Strip" should be "Selected Track", these should be automatically set.

Now anytime you create an instrument track a place Zebra on it, your controller will control the selected track with those mappings.

There are other ways, like mapping to the actual software instrument or via smart controls etc, but i find this to be the most convenient for me.