External Midi tracks not triggering hardware midi via Logic

stikygum

I recently switched my audio interface from a Focusrite Clarett to a Arturia Audiofuse Studio. And with that, I have most of my songs I'm working on that used the Clarett for midi. For some reason, midi doesn't work the same way with Audiofuse Studio. With the Clarett, I would create an External Midi track in Logic Pro (latest version) and an Audio track, then click 'R' for each track to arm them and it would work; that's to say when I pressed a key on my hardware synth I can hear it via the Audio track and also record the midi into Logic.

With Arturia Audiofuse as my audio interface, I can sometimes get it to work. But it's strange because if I create an audio track and External Midi track, the midi track might trigger my hardware synth, but if i create a Software Instrument track or click on another track and then click back onto the External Midi track, it will no longer trigger midi and I won't hear anything in the Audio track. Also, when I create an External Midi track, the track is automatically named Clarett Midi. I think I must've set this to automatically name every midi track Clarett Midi, but I don't remember how I did it.

I have no idea why midi worked with the Clarett and intermittently / initially works with Audiofuse Studio (usually only works when I create the tracks, but then never again in a Logic session). Not sure if this is an Arturia issue or something else.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Edited by stikygum

• stikygum changed the title to External Midi tracks not triggering hardware midi via Logic