Disk Not Ejected Properly error message on Mac OS 13.3.1?

Fatoush
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

Hello! 

*Please delete this if need be since it is not a question specific to LPX, but I figured someone on here could have some insight as to what may be causing this. 

I have one external USB 3.0 drive that I have used successfully for many years now. Every since updating to OS 13.3.1 there are a ton of error messages that pop out of nowhere that say "Disk Not Ejected Properly"- this mostly happens when the computer is awoken from its sleep state. I never unplug it before dismounting it which would be the usual reason I would see this error. 

Sometimes it even happens out of nowhere when the computer is up and running. I definitely never had this when working on the previous OS's. I only saw it start this behavior when updating to the current OS. 

Anyone else experiencing this same issue? I have messed with the "put HD to sleep" option to no avail. 

Thank you for your time and attention. 

Fatoush 🙂

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 10.46.45 AM.png

Thanks guys! Resetting the PRAM seemed to have fixed it! It's funny b/c that is something that I used to do a lot many years ago and for some reason I stopped doing. I guess I forgot about that being option lol. While we are on the subject of it. My computer seems much quicker and pep'y-er after resetting the PRAM, can you remind me how often you can do it without it being an issue if at all? I am not getting that specific answer on Google. Thanks so much fellas!