Help - Saved Logic project opening with different presets on tracks

Tallmaleuk
Go to solution Solved by Atlas007,

Hi everyone,

I experienced something very strange today. I had been working on a song for about three weeks and previously everytime I open the project the correct presets (patches) were being used on the right tracks but all of a sudden when I opened the project today some of the tracks had different presets (patches).

Does anyone know why this happening? And more importantly how I can fix this?

Ventura 13.2

2019 Imac computer

8 GB Ram

3.6 GHz Quad Core Intel Core i3

1 TB Hard Drive

Logic Version: 10.7.8

Many thanks.

• Solution

Does your issue imply 3rd party plugins or Logic native’s ones as well?

I noticed that when a given preset isn’t saved as an AU preset (to exist in Logic’s library) it may get replaced. To avoid same, especially with 3rd party plugin preset, I save same in the 3rd party plugin’s own library (if I had edited same) and then save it also as an AU preset in Logic’s library. That goes for edited Logic native preset as well. Rince & repeat for all and every involved plugins and do the same at channelstrip’s / patches’ preset level as well, throughout the project. Including same in your project asset upon saving it is also a good idea.

Admittedly tedious, but never got such an issue since.

If the replaced preset involved those of samplers, the issue could be due to having moved the library content/samples. In such a case, normally Logic would have alerted you in that regard upon loading a project…

Edited by Atlas007

5 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

This topic was in the "Bugs" forum, which is for listing Bugs, so we can't mark topics solved in that forum. I've moved this topic to the Logic Pro forum and marked as solved. Thank you!

Thanx!

BTW, what happen when a bug gets fixed in a new version?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

BTW, what happen when a bug gets fixed in a new version?

If you (or anyone) sees that a bug discussed in a bug thread in the bug forum was fixed, the best is to reply to the thread stating that it was fixed along with the Logic version number that brings the fix. Then I can edit the topic title to indicate the bug is fixed. 

• Like 2