Pitch Correction plugin behaving abnormally as of 10.7.9

joeflyer59

I didn't notice this until recently because I don't use the native pitch correction plugin on the regular...

When I DO use it, I utilized the bypass functions on certain notes (where simply turning the note "off" does not prevent it from being fully disabled/tracked - this helps prevent that familiar warble/negotiation)

ANYWAYS - now whenever I hit bypass - the note turns on.  Even if this is a visual/gui bug - it's hella distracting and definitely not in line with YEARS of preview behavior.  I've tried this on two different machines with the same bug... anyone else?

Joey

pitchcor.gif

Edited by joeflyer59

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 2:06 PM, Alan Shields said:

It is not present in 10.7.4 or 10.7.3 so it looks like it was introduced in 10.7.5.

Alan - thanks for clarifying the versions there! - I, myself, use Melodyne (and sometimes Flex Pitch - depending on the content) so I only use Pitch Correct for the quick and dirty - so I guess it's been a minute!  I'll change the thread title to mach your findings.

On 7/21/2023 at 2:19 AM, David Nahmani said:

It makes sense that a note you bypass to exclude from being processed would be displayed as "on" as it's one of the notes you accept as being part of the resulting scale you want to hear.

Dave - I don't know... It's definitely visually unnerving to see all of my previous presets pop up with all notes ON in bright green and teal - then to squint and figure out which notes are bypassed.  Previous behavior for YEARS, if I'm not mistaken, is the the bypass button - if hit first - would also turn the note/key off.   (Alan - would you maybe be kind enough to verify on one of those previous versions?) 

While I sort of see the logic (PUN!) in what you're saying - don't you think it's more intuitive to turn the key off when bypassed - if you consider it's not going to touch the note (or anything slightly off the nose) at all.

I guess my brain looks at it like a power off/standby button type of metaphor - the note/key buttons are in an off-but-active standby - and the bypass button is like a hard surge-bar OFF for any corrective activity on that note.  So if there's no power... How's that stinkin' light still on??  <insert x-files hook> lol

but seriously, while the same cannot be said for most of the Apple Ecosystem - Logic has been one of those programs that has been rock solid when it comes to changes to it's native plugins. (Even when most of the effects got GUI overhauls, ditching the skeuomorphic, everything still behaved as expected.) So it just seems very inconsistent for Logic to do stealth switch up like this.

Then again, I suppose it COULD considered consistent IF this change was made the same guy who decided to straight-up HIDE the hot little Neural Pitch Detection (at a default OFF) feature in the extended parameters. (which I found by accident) lol!!

If you've read this far - you've the patience of a SAINT!  lol. I mean I think I've spent more time typing this mountain-out-of-molehill stream of consciousness post than I have even using that dang plugin!  So WHY am I even trying to debate this?? This just shows I just need some friends. lol!🙂

• 2 months later...