Paste Plugins Only Does Not Preserve Insert Order

sunbrother

1. Go to the mixer
  2. Left click Setting at the top of an audio track's channel strip
  3. Select Copy Channel Strip Setting
  4. Left click an instrument track
  5. Left click Setting at the top of the channel strip
  6. Select Paste Plug-ins only

expected result: The result you get when "pasting plugins only" on an audio track- the inserts all stay in the same # slot.

real result: all empty insert slots and removed and the inserts are in new # slots.

Screenshot2023-09-03at8_30_30AM.thumb.png.3379ec5f10725fbce6208c08b44789a5.png

I doubt they meant for the Insert # system to switch around in certain pasting situations, especially when they've fixed similar bugs in other situations such as Live Loops cells etc.

The point is that I have keyboard shortcuts for opening plugin slots that correspond to plugins in my template with the commands "Open/Close Audio Insert 15 Plug In Window of Focused Track" and I leave room for plugins to be added before the final plugins in my template

Edited by sunbrother
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The post above is limited to the Mixer page. It works with the Inspector for some reason. And it doesn't seem to happen with every track. Just some of my instrument tracks are unable to have Plug-Ins pasted on them from my desired channel strip... and then after closing and reopening Logic they were able to again.

Edited by sunbrother