Flex Pitch Makes Logic Unresponsive

Chipp Tate
Go to solution Solved by Mania,

I've been using Flex Pitch more often recently where Logic becomes unresponsive per the spinning pinwheel and the Activity Monitor, which shows no Memory Pressure issues. On some tracks it happens occasionally and clears, but a lead vocal track is impossible to edit that way. And this is only in Flex Pitch. Everything else works fine.

I have a MacBook Pro M1 Max w/64 GB of memory running Ventura 13.5.1 and Logic 10.7.9

Thanks, Chipp

After catching up on other work I came back to compare the vocal track I was trying to correct with another. The 1st hangs up repeatedly with the least amount of mouse or keyboard input, making it impossible to use Flex Pitch. The 2nd does not hang up at all. In both cases I turn on Flex Pitch within the editor, thinking that may help.

The 1st track's had a lot of cut and paste editing done to it, if that may have anything to do with this.

• 2 months later...

I can't say I found a fix, but when I had time to come back to it later, I did find that I was not having that problem in other regions in the same track, and wondered if the difference were extensive cut/paste edits in the song I was working on where I had that problem, which is part of a continuous show recording that's over an hour long.

I should also say I'm not the most experienced LP user on this Forum.

• Solution

I think flex pitch loads the audio into the ram in your Mac, and maybe because you applied it to a such long audio file, it might be running out of ram? Try to cut up that long audio file and move the problematic parts only to another (duplicated) track and use flex pitch only on those parts?

• Like 2