Best way to sync Logic to dorico

Sunset

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 1:50 PM, Byhxx said:

Struggling a bit coming from the rewire days...

I guess there is a chance to get MTC out of Logic into dorico, hope so at least:

What would be the proper method to connect two applications in Sync nowadays?

THX!

I used the Rewire to Notion 6. but makes no sense! BEcause you only want to use the graphic of Notion 6 and the sound editing inside of Logic. But then Logic does this already in the score editor

Ableton live has a link feature for Logic. 

For what do you want this?

Edited by emanuel_froes

The final aim is the arrangement of a concert of around 60 min. in sound and written score synced to its video.

There occured many obstacles before as LPX does not allow a stable secured continous beat mapping first front when you get back later to fintune or rearrange once created beat markers.

aA workaround is the splitting of finished regions as the markers are preserved in that region then and you can move to regions you would like to change, i.e. adding bars, which you see here...

You see a gap which is - of course - created, when you insert silence for adding an additional bar in between. It is not interpolated but simply inserted to the timeline corresponding to the cycle section you choose, moving everything to the right (here the movie will be not respected any more and loses the sync, I feel, at that point). You might want to work on 20 portions of the whole concert using seperated regions in 20 LPX projects (Can you use only 1  movie file in 1 project...?), but that is not the point of delivering the whole thing in one project and editing

State now is, I can´t get the continous region back with an added bar and close the gap of the inserted silence. There is no interpolation of adding bars to a certain section you define in the timeline, I am afraid so far.

You cant use the same beat marker on measure 1390 for the end of the first region in the picture AND the transient that it actually is assigned to, to heal both regions and assigne the new measure 1389 to the region to pull the regions together again, meeting in bar 1390. Any other operation I tried failed.

On the way, the whole synchronisation to the video messed up also.

THEN if I beat mapped the whole 60 min concert with video I would sync dorico to write a professional score. and listen to logics audio and doricos audio in perfect sync.

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 23.26.35.png

Edited by Byhxx

6 minutes ago, Byhxx said:

The final aim is the arrangement of a concert of around 60 min. in sound and written score

There occured many obstacles before as LPX does not allow a stable secured continous beat mapping first front when you get back later to fintune or rearrange once created beat markers.

You see a gap which is created, when you insert silence for adding an additional bar in between.

State now is, I can´t get the continous region back with an added bar and close the gap of the inserted silence. There is no interpolation of adding bars to a certain section, I am afraid so far.

You cant use the same beat marker on measure 1390 for the end of the first region in the picture AND the transient that it actually is assigned to, to heal both regions and assigne the new measure 1389 to the region. Any other operation failed.

On the way, the whole synchronisation to the video messed up also.

THEN if I beat mapped the whole 60 min concert with video I would sync dorico to write a professional score. and listen to logics audio and doricos audio in perfect sync.

if Dorico can´t do this, it confirms again my video on bad notation softwares 😉

Maybe you can search for a plugin that makes this Rewire artificially. And there the MCU things that i never messed up with.    I guess Dan Keen was interested in the same workflow , maybe you ask him directly on the channel.   Or ask on the VI-Controlation, where you find more people from software. There are many "indie apps" out there that don´t find the light of the d...google. 

Just now, emanuel_froes said:

if Dorico can´t do this, it confirms again my video on bad notation softwares 😉

Maybe you can search for a plugin that makes this Rewire artificially. And there the MCU things that i never messed up with.    I guess Dan Keen was interested in the same workflow , maybe you ask him directly on the channel.   Or ask on the VI-Controlation, where you find more people from software. There are many "indie apps" out there that don´t find the light of the d...google. 

I also would like this. Since i plan to buy Dorico when it is finally something. Anyways remember that Notion6 has video support as well, and i don´t which soundtrack score Logic Pro can´t write on score editor, unless you are going very alternative. 

O, You can workaround sending MTC from dorico with 3rd party Plugins, thats perfectly possible. Another workaround I know of, okay, BUT: - possible...

Now (First things first)

Here are the tasks for the producer team:

Prepare a timeline of the video showing a musical (solo) performance running a synced audio region in LPX with beat mapping . You can also assume a pianist improvising to a film, recording his improvisation. As he is regarded as a genius, he plays the whole film through with loads of rubati, accellerandi and ritardandi...No click track, (how dare you...)

The producers(!) are able to exchange projects

They can add bars

He can delete bars

She does final fixes as above as a supervisor and on top can change time signatures

while everybody is preserving the sync to video the team eventually achieves a first result of a 60 min concerts´ continuous audio region completely beat marked with the option  to change anything at any spot in terms of timeline and beat marker edits due to artistic desires / external decisions of clients over the creative period and a final revision session, of course..

PLUS:

Musicians can record additional tracks in their home via the dynamic click track now suiting the original concerts audio file regions timing with preserved video sync from anywhere using transfering sites to provide their audio files. They wish to watch the video to their playing which is inspiring them.

Arrangers add additional MIDI Instruments using the conveniences of the suiting grid, they can record to the click, too, as they are skilled instrumentalists.

Scoring is the final stage, where you put an XML into dorico and let it run in sync to Logic finishing a professional score there for final recordings and overdubs

You might be using an export of the suiting click or even better a tempo map in a orchestral recording studio if they don´t use LPX. Sometimes there is a higher budget to have a day with a classical orchestra.

The conductor is impressed by your skills translating true musicianship into the DAW and asks for the next project to edit the timeline of a Hollywood movie.

His idea is to follow the tempo changes of a Hitchcock Movie conducting a live concert with the original score. You offer him to transcribe the score, too, of course.

I can´t create the timeline, but I would see it, the above in mind,  as a good motivation to learn it

How to...? in LPX?

So, THX!

BX

Edited by Byhxx