Expression Maps in Logic like Dorico?

dynamicalan
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can do expression maps in Logic like Dorico does - Dorico has an expression maps window where you define the key switches and then in the score section you can add lets say for example pizzicato or Arco and in the score and the sound comes out being pizzicato or Arco.

Thank You,

Alan

• David Nahmani changed the title to Expression Maps in Logic like Dorico?
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I tested this today to see if I could get the VSL Instruments to work in the articulation sets and it isn't possible to edit the field, to name the articulation or name the set.  And when I tried to use the dropdown menu in the symbol column all the names seem to show woodwind names and when assigning key switches it shakes.  I can possibly record a screen session if you would like to see it. It's a template.

Thank You,

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

I’m about 2000 Km from my computer atm but it sounds to me like you have something loaded already as an articulation set. Try starting from a new blank set in the inspector and then setting the keyswitches etc. Alternatively Art Conductor make articulation sets for lots of AU’s (including VSL’s, EastWest’s).

Hello rAC,

Thank you very much for your reply: I apologize that I did not respond when I got this part to work.  I had to start a brand new template in Logic and when  started this it did work and it will even switch from VSL Duality Strings Colors too Regular to get the pizzicato. At first Logic wouldn't rerecord the articulations from the piano roll inspectors articulation set dropdown but then after restarting the new computer then it would. 

Thank You,

Alan