Can't monitor software plugins unless track is Record enabled

redlester
Go to solution Solved by redlester,

10 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

AFAIK, that is normal behaviour.

Ok. I haven’t used Logic for a while, but that’s not how I remember it. 

So I create a new software instrument track, and assign a plugin to it. By default I can’t hear anything when I play my keyboard. I have to then manually turn on the record enable button for the track, then I can hear it. 

Surely that’s not normal? If I have several software instruments loaded I thought I could switch between them and audition them without having to also click record enable each time? Should the focussed track not become automatically enabled?

Am not at my computer right now but think I’ve found the answer in another thread here:

The last time I used Logic I was messing around with the step sequencer and Live Loops so I expect I’ve enabled the setting mentioned in the above post by mistake. 

Hopefully this will sort it but I won’t find out until I get home Monday evening!

• Solution

Just to close this one: I've now checked and I DID NOT have "Enable Performance Recording" turned on. My heart sank, as the problem was still there.

However, when I toggled Enable Performance Recording on then off again - hey presto, the problem is fixed.

I now have input monitoring turned on automatically when I select a track.

Phew!!

• Like 2

Just as an addendum to this thread, every time I close then re-open Logic I have to toggle Enable Performance Recording on and back off in order to enable automatic input monitoring. Very frustrating.

Is this a bug, or is it just me?

Addendum to the addendum: Solved this by enabling automatic input monitoring then re-saving as Default.logicx file under Audio Music Apps/Project Templates

Edited by redlester