Capture Recording "Note Off" Messages not received by VEP7 to Sine Player

MUTX

Midi generated via "Capture Recording" behaves as if the "Note Off" is missing when used for tracks where VEP7 is sending midi to Sine Player. This makes these performances worthless unless I load Sine Player directly into Logic. It doesn't matter where I capture record the track. The resulting midi data always behaves this way.

Has anyone experienced this, or may have some insights?

Using Logic 10.7.9 and all software upgraded to their latest versions. I attached the event list of an example track

Thanks!

Jeremy

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 9.27.33 PM.png

2 hours ago, rAC said:

I’d start with Snoize’s MIDIMonitor and see where the note offs are going missing.

They must be going missing somewhere inside VEP7, no? Because, they are obviously there in the MIDI Region (see screenshot) and they are also played back (OP stated that playing the region directly into Sine Player works as expected).

Update: I found a workaround: export the capture recording as a midi file, and then import it onto the track. That seems to remove whatever is causing notes to stick (or add back note off values).

Adjusting the velocity off values didn't do anything. 

it could be VEP7 <> Sine, though the odd thing is that Logic records capture midi with different information vs a normal track recording.

For me as long as I'm not losing capture recording tracks anymore I'm good. 🙂

Thanks for the replies!

Jeremy

On 10/8/2023 at 7:40 AM, polanoid said:

The event list looks perfectly OK, maybe an issue with VEP7? Does it change anything when you set the Release Velocity (Rel Vel) values to something different?

I didn't know about this, thanks! I'll try that out when I have more time.