Pitch Monitor

bobmane

I use various pitch monitor on phone and computer but they all monitor pitch of mic.

I would like to monitor pitch of internal - like EZKeys or MIDI/ Any software instrument

I would actually also like to do it on desktop in any app but have not been able to find one.  

Note: EZkeys shows stuff like C, D, G# but they dont show stuff like C5, G#3...Logic does but not on playback of midi or on playback of audio

I know I can create piano roll midi but hoping to find some other way to show live in realtime as played or playback

Edited by bobmane

On 10/17/2023 at 9:12 PM, bobmane said:

I know I can create piano roll midi but hoping to find some other way to show live in realtime as played or playback

If you want to see the pitch of a MIDI note you're playing on your MIDI keyboard, then you can click the down arrow symbol at the right in the LCD display at the top of the main window, and choose Custom. 

Now play a note and you'll see the note symbol, its MIDI Channel, pitch and velocity in the MIDI input monitor in the LCD display: 

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 5.12.25 PM.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bobmane said:

Yeah but I need C5, D#2, G3 etc. great opportunity for a plugin developer, not sure why no one has made one. 

I see. Well maybe there's a plugin that does that and we don't know about it. It's challenging to search for it because there are so many pitch related plugins out there that do things other than display the pitch as a note like you want. 

• Like 1

I found Mtuner part of the Free Melda bundle

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MTuner

Also Waves Tune Realtime has a useable keyboard display just turn off the pitch correction

These dont show realtime pitch on a graph but at least they show C4, D#5 etc

it has some limitations but does actually work...I will keep looking

Edited by bobmane
add